Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Machine Gun Shoot: Pews & Brews: October 2023

On October 21st, 2023 I will be hosting a Pews & Brews shooting event in Trout Run, Pennsylvania! The event will consist of a machine gun shoot and craft beer tasting (in that order). There will be music, vendors, and even a few introduction to firearms courses being taught throughout the day!

We have a few different tiered shooting packages available, with additional firearm options being added with each tier. Please see below for package details and pricing. There are a limited number of each package available, and once they*re gone they*re gone. Please note that the packages are fixed, and the firearm selections are not interchangeable between tiers. The event will be structured as follows:

The Machine Gun Shoot:

We start the day with some full auto goodness beginning at 8:00 AM EST. Attendees will be able to select a one-hour time slot for their shoot, and will be asked to show up one hour before their shoot begins to go through registration. Each attendee will be given a single-use bracelet that allows them to attend the shooting portion of the day, and will receive a brief safety demonstration of each firearm that they will be shooting (conducted by one of my eight range safety officers), they will then proceed to the range to shoot. Shooting packages are as follows:

Anyone who will be shooting the RPG-7 will receive a separate safety demonstration after their shoot, and will then be able to shoot a real rocket from it (the warhead is filled with chalk, not an explosive).

Note: All attendees will have their ID checked upon arrival. Each rental is for one magazine/belt through each firearm, and each firearm can only be selected once. Basic safety equipment (safety glasses & hearing protection) will be provided, but you are able to bring your own if you prefer. If I add any more firearms to my rental inventory between now and the time of the event, I will make a few additions to the available options.

The Craft Beer Flight:

After completing the shooting event, each attendee can head to the beer & food tent to partake in the beer flight. At this time your shooting bracelet will be removed and you will make your beer selections. We will have multiple styles and flavors of beer available from a number of Pennsylvania-based brewing companies.

Notes: Beer selections are based on availability on the day of the event. Each of the available options can only be selected once, and you will be limited to three bottles in total for the duration of the event. For safety & liability reasons, once you have started the beer flight you will not be permitted to go back to the range.

Please feel free to email me, PM me, or fill out the contact form on my website if you have any questions!
    Last edited by TheKernei; August 8th, 2023 at 01:39 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Machine Gun Shoot: Pews & Brews: October 2023

Maybe you could help me understand something because I see this a lot...I see it on fakebook ads, I see it in Coupon Clipper Magazine frequently and now I see it here...Why do they all keep their addresses a secret? If I was posting and wanted people to come to my place of business, I would ensure that they could check and see where I was located. Being a lazy guy, I expect others to be lazy too and I would go so far as to provide a link that they could just click on the see where my business was located.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I would like an address as well, my schedule is pretty busy, 2 hours each way is a lot different than 30min each way. PA is a big state.

What sort of vendors? What sort of food? Can you just go and buy food and beer and watch and not participate in the MG shoot? How many rounds per gun?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I would like an address as well, my schedule is pretty busy, 2 hours each way is a lot different than 30min each way. PA is a big state.

What sort of vendors? What sort of food? Can you just go and buy food and beer and watch and not participate in the MG shoot? How many rounds per gun?
    ^^^This exactly^^^ I got all the full auto Shits & Giggles out of my system on Uncle Sams dime. But I wouldn't mind going for the chow and drinks and spectate the shoot, brouse the vendors and would love to hear the rip of an MG42. Is their lodging and or camping adjacent or nearby ? That drive for me will most likely be an overnighter especially after a few brewskis

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Maybe you could help me understand something because I see this a lot...I see it on fakebook ads, I see it in Coupon Clipper Magazine frequently and now I see it here...Why do they all keep their addresses a secret? If I was posting and wanted people to come to my place of business, I would ensure that they could check and see where I was located. Being a lazy guy, I expect others to be lazy too and I would go so far as to provide a link that they could just click on the see where my business was located.
    I work with a number of different ranges and property owners across the state. For the sake of their own privacy, I try to keep their addresses out of the public eye unless they specifically authorize me to release that information publicly. Obviously this information IS given to people who want to attend the event.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    ^^^This exactly^^^ I got all the full auto Shits & Giggles out of my system on Uncle Sams dime. But I wouldn't mind going for the chow and drinks and spectate the shoot, brouse the vendors and would love to hear the rip of an MG42. Is their lodging and or camping adjacent or nearby ? That drive for me will most likely be an overnighter especially after a few brewskis
    Trout Run is near Williamsport, PA, which has quite a few different lodging options available.

Tickets are all-inclusive. There's more information available on my website: www.pa-2a.com

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheKernei View Post
    Trout Run is near Williamsport, PA, which has quite a few different lodging options available.
    There you go! Was that so hard?

Now I'm able to make an informed decision as to if I can attend. Poconos is a no-no due to distance, but 2h to greater Williamsport is tolerable.

Thank you!

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    There you go! Was that so hard?

Now I'm able to make an informed decision as to if I can attend. Poconos is a no-no due to distance, but 2h to greater Williamsport is tolerable.

Thank you!

Noah
    I said the town's name in the first sentence of the post....

Quote Originally Posted by TheKernei View Post
    I said the town's name in the first sentence of the post....
    Apologies, I missed that, probably because i didn't recognize it as a town name. 3 hour drive for me each way, so that's a bit far. Will spectators be permitted that didn't buy the mg package?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast