Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: NY Background check for ammo coming

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    what is a ammo registration?

this has been proposed in PA
    https://www.abc27.com/pennsylvania/p...or-ammunition/
    They have to document ammo sales and electronically submit them to the NJ State Police.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    They have to document ammo sales and electronically submit them to the NJ State Police.
    the dealer? guessing this can also be used as grounds for suspicious activity if you buy to much to often

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    the dealer? guessing this can also be used as grounds for suspicious activity if you buy to much to often
    Yes, the dealer.

(Bradford County)

Who TF gets to determine who buys "too much too often?" What a dick move. I have my own range and it's nothing for me to go pop off 300-500 rounds at a time of various calibers. So is that too much too often? I always get pissed when I see these news stories about some moron who gets arrested for planning some stupid shit and the first thing they make sure to note is "well he had 11 guns and 10K of ammo!"

LOL
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Who TF gets to determine who buys "too much too often?" What a dick move. I have my own range and it's nothing for me to go pop off 300-500 rounds at a time of various calibers. So is that too much too often? I always get pissed when I see these news stories about some moron who gets arrested for planning some stupid shit and the first thing they make sure to note is "well he had 11 guns and 10K of ammo!"

LOL
    Agreed. I’m very similar (except I don’t have my own range anymore since I disowned my elderly former-family and stuff)…

But I do train/shoot a few times a week easily go through 1000+ rds per month. It’s so insane that there is this weird “that’s too much” attitude even amongst the Fudd types I know. “We’ll, I only shoot at a deer once every year or two so nobody really needs a box of 20…” smh…

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post

LOL
    You are forgetting that they have no intention of making this reasonable, or fair. It's just chipping away at your ability to defend yourself. They would prefer you didnt' have any ammo at all, that's their end goal.

"One round per month" as a pending common-sense gun safety law; hey, if it saves just 1 infant . . .

I expect a surge in ammo sales at gun shows in northern PA, as well as vehicles with tinted windows and NY govt tags tailing anyone leaving PA shows with ammo and getting into a NY-tagged car. Philly does that for home improvement supplies, to see if people buying 2X4's have building permits, and PA does that for out-of-state liquor purchases. For damn sure NY will waste police resources on the most obvious work-around to the govt having detailed records of how often you buy ammo, which I assume they will be cross-checking against the calibers of the guns they allowed you to buy in the past. Especially case lots of 5.56 ammo after they've banned AR-15's.

I don't encourage folks to break the laws, but I like to think that if I found out the Frank family was hiding from the Gestapo and the law required me to inform on them so they could be dragged off to the death camps, I would have disobeyed that law, as well as laws that are blatantly immoral or un-Constitutional or both.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

I have a camp in rural, Upstate, NY, I see a business opportunity. Of course, unless they ban such activity.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have a camp in rural, Upstate, NY, I see a business opportunity. Of course, unless they ban such activity.
    They'll ruby ridge you so fast you won't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    "One round per month" as a pending common-sense gun safety law; hey, if it saves just 1 infant . . .

I expect a surge in ammo sales at gun shows in northern PA, as well as vehicles with tinted windows and NY govt tags tailing anyone leaving PA shows with ammo and getting into a NY-tagged car. Philly does that for home improvement supplies, to see if people buying 2X4's have building permits, and PA does that for out-of-state liquor purchases. For damn sure NY will waste police resources on the most obvious work-around to the govt having detailed records of how often you buy ammo, which I assume they will be cross-checking against the calibers of the guns they allowed you to buy in the past. Especially case lots of 5.56 ammo after they've banned AR-15's.

I don't encourage folks to break the laws, but I like to think that if I found out the Frank family was hiding from the Gestapo and the law required me to inform on them so they could be dragged off to the death camps, I would have disobeyed that law, as well as laws that are blatantly immoral or un-Constitutional or both.
    So very true Phil. This past weekend at the store/range I work at, a good number of savoy NY shooters grabbed cases of 9 & 5.56. All noted next months (September 13th) startup of the new rules. I also agree, it won*t be long before NY starts following these purchasers. What a waste of LE resources in these crazy times.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast