Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: LEOSA Question

(Northampton County)

Default LEOSA Question

I am a retired officer from New Jersey and would like to know if a permit in Northampton County would designate that Im retired so that I can carry in NJ under LEOSA? My permit to carry in NJ says I am a retired officer so I can carry anywhere I go I guess.

Default Re: LEOSA Question

Quote Originally Posted by ItsEd4u40 View Post
    I am a retired officer from New Jersey and would like to know if a permit in Northampton County would designate that Im retired so that I can carry in NJ under LEOSA? My permit to carry in NJ says I am a retired officer so I can carry anywhere I go I guess.
    A PA License To Carry Firearms (LTCF) would not make any mention at all of you being a retired LEO. To carry under LEOSA, you need a RETIRED photo ID card from your former police department and proof that you have qualified with your firearm recently.

See here for details of LEOSA.

(Northampton County)

No, In Jersey all I need is the Permit to carry ID. The permit says "Retired" PO.
    The State Police in PA should just have an ID made up for retired Officers after doing a background of course.And yes of course you have to do bi-annual qualifications, 2x a year quals yes of course Im with that. I just wish that in PA they would do that for retirees! from PA and other states.

No, In Jersey all I need is the Permit to carry ID. The permit says "Retired" PO.
    The State Police in PA should just have an ID made up for retired Officers after doing a background of course.And yes of course you have to do bi-annual qualifications, 2x a year quals yes of course Im with that. I just wish that in PA they would do that for retirees! from PA and other states.
    This might help you...it is PA specific in regard to LEOSA.

(Cambria County)

I just wish that in PA they would do that for retirees! from PA and other states.
    I just wish NJ would honor my residential PA CCW, (or any other state for that matter) but I guess we can't always get what we want.