Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A concealed carry story!

Greetings all

I don't have much call to post here, but from time to time I do get an opportunity. This past weekend, just in time to show it off at the OC/CC Pizza Party in Lancaster, I received my CFP (Concealed Firearm Permit) from Youtaw. I have never been there, and I don't think I will ever have plans to go there, but they were kind enough to send me a CFP so I can carry places I do go - like Ohio. Ohio is important to me, as is Alabama. It would have been nice to get South Carolina, but they don't seem to cooperate with anyone. In any case, I can now visit both of my daughters and carry my gun legally the whole way to either one, with the exception of a short stretch in the Worker's Paradise of Maryland.

As for a timeline for anyone interested, I took the class September 5th, and mailed the application in about a week or so following. My permit arrived Saturday, Nov. 22. I will, of course, carry openly whenever possible, but for those places where CC is the rule, I have more where I can go.

Default Re: A concealed carry story!

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    ...I received my CFP (Concealed Firearm Permit) from Youtaw. I have never been there, and I don't think I will ever have plans to go there...
    You should. A couple buddies and I drove through it on our way to Vegas. It is beautiful.
    Bazinga

(Allegheny County)

I need to get one of those for in Ohio, but no one ever holds the Utah classes on this side of the state...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    I need to get one of those for in Ohio, but no one ever holds the Utah classes on this side of the state...
    tonyf holds them out at PMSC on a pretty regular basis.

that's the class i took to get mine.

not sure when his next one is scheduled.

ACSHA is having one Dec. 7

need to sign-up by Dec. 1

(Westmoreland County)

Am I on your ignore list?

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Greetings all

I don't have much call to post here, but from time to time I do get an opportunity. This past weekend, just in time to show it off at the OC/CC Pizza Party in Lancaster, I received my CFP (Concealed Firearm Permit) from Youtaw. I have never been there, and I don't think I will ever have plans to go there, but they were kind enough to send me a CFP so I can carry places I do go - like Ohio. Ohio is important to me, as is Alabama. It would have been nice to get South Carolina, but they don't seem to cooperate with anyone. In any case, I can now visit both of my daughters and carry my gun legally the whole way to either one, with the exception of a short stretch in the Worker's Paradise of Maryland.

As for a timeline for anyone interested, I took the class September 5th, and mailed the application in about a week or so following. My permit arrived Saturday, Nov. 22. I will, of course, carry openly whenever possible, but for those places where CC is the rule, I have more where I can go.
    I sent the packet out on the 14th....

(Allegheny County)

Default Pittsburgh / southwest PA area Utah CFP Instruction

Hey lildobe / all ...

I am a Utah Instructor originally from Pittsburgh, PA
    I was OP PennsyPlinker's Instructor for a semi-private Utah course offered in Harrisburg, PA in September.

I cover 5+ states for Utah's program.
    As the only Out of State Utah Instructor listed for multiple states by the Utah Dept of Public Safety, it keeps me pretty busy.

I work part of the year out of my second home in southwest Virginia but also maintain a studio just outside of Pittsburgh in Coraopolis, PA. The studio is slightly more than one mile from either exit 64 or 65 of I 79, less than 15 minutes from the I 79 / I 76 "Parkway West" Interchange. less than 25 minutes from Green Tree Hill.

Should you not be able to conveniently arrange instruction with TonyF and the very fine folks of the Fire Institute, I may be able to help you when I am at home in PA. When I am in Pittsburgh and available, course fee is the same whether it is for group instruction or semi-private. Course runs 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours depending upon the number of attendees, experience level, questions posed, etc ... + admin time afterwards for application processing and fingerprinting.

Course fee is $75, discounted to $65 for PAFOA posters. Fingerprinting services also available, normally $13 per the state but I can waive this if you bring a friend or two ...

PM me if you need further info ...

NRA Certified Instructor / PA State Constable

(Lackawanna County)

do these classes ever get held in NEPA?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: A concealed carry story! (Utah CFP courses for NE PA)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    do these classes ever get held in NEPA?
    I cover 5+ states for Utah.
    I'll travel anywhere where a class can be assembled of sufficient size.
    Course fee does not change, I adjust the minimum head count required in order to have sufficient financials to meet my time / travel / fuel / hotel needs.

I accept "walk in's" at my Pittsburgh, PA studio only, WHEN I am in town and my schedule is clear. For all other course offerings I travel to your location (gun club, conservation group, private residence, hotel, business / conference room, etc ... ).

Minimum head counts may be as few as 6 - 8 for something close to my PA or VA homes or may be 15 - 20+, depends upon my schedule and the travel / hotel costs required. NE PA would likely range on the higher end of the minimum head count since it would not be close enough for me to drive up, offer the course, and return to either home on the same day (I'd likely need a 2 day hotel stay).

PM me with contact info including an address I can run through MapQuest, I can then work up a rough quote and offer suggested dates for availability based upon my existing schedule / travel. Address can be the prospective class location, your residence, or a nearby structure such as a Post Office or Courthouse that MapQuest can "find".

NRA Certified Instructor / PA State Constable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast