Thread: 10mm pistols

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 10mm pistols

Magnum research 1911 Gov 10MM - beautiful to shoot
    *I have not shot any other 10MM

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Honest question for the 10 mm crowd, other than bear defense and range fun what was your reason for going 10 mil.?
    I've contemplated 10 mm but I've got plenty of .357 for bruin defense here in the East and don't need another pistol or caliber.
    Because you get 15+1 of super sonic 200 grain bullets in a standard service size pistol. Its kind of like asking why date an attractive woman with a good personality when there are plenty of ugly or bitter ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I have a RIA 1911 in 10mm, so far it has been superb
    and yes I do daily carry the beast when Im wearing jeans or shorts with a belt. +2 mags in pouches on the weak side to help balance out the load
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Because you get 15+1 of super sonic 200 grain bullets in a standard service size pistol. Its kind of like asking why date an attractive woman with a good personality when there are plenty of ugly or bitter ones out there.
    So that answers that.

(Chester County)

You guys enjoy your 10 mm, after looking at ballistic gel tests and pricing, I think I'll stick with the .357 mag. and .45 acp. I already own.

Honest question for the 10 mm crowd, other than bear defense and range fun what was your reason for going 10 mil.?
    I've contemplated 10 mm but I've got plenty of .357 for bruin defense here in the East and don't need another pistol or caliber.
    I like the 10 auto due to its versatility. Again, this is for the reloaders out there, but you can carry the 10 in full size or compact and load it up to +P or drop it to a light 40 S&W round. (Or lower if your springs can cycle it). For outdoor protection against 4 legged animals, a 5" 1911 Rock Ultra in 10mm is the minimum I would carry for defense. A 44mag revolver preferred. For protection against 2 legged animals, it can be more than needed but sometimes more is better.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    I like the 10 auto due to its versatility. Again, this is for the reloaders out there, but you can carry the 10 in full size or compact and load it up to +P or drop it to a light 40 S&W round. (Or lower if your springs can cycle it). For outdoor protection against 4 legged animals, a 5" 1911 Rock Ultra in 10mm is the minimum I would carry for defense. A 44mag revolver preferred. For protection against 2 legged animals, it can be more than needed but sometimes more is better.
    .44 mag is filling the "bear defense" gap right now, but I will also be toying with a 10mm in the near future. It won't replace the .44, but give me some other woods carry options. I can always use another pistol.

(Northumberland County)

It's a hoot to shoot. Tangfolio Witness has enough weight to tame the power, and the high capacity is a nice touch even though I don't carry it. Had my eye on one when it came up for sale in the classifieds here. Passed up and RIA 1911 for a good price a few months before I bought the Witness, and then it was stuck in my head.

Honestly, I may eventually trade it for a 44 mag revolver, but that has everything to do with having a lever gun in 44 mag on order, and nothing to do with the 10mm's shortcomings itself.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    It's a hoot to shoot. Tangfolio Witness has enough weight to tame the power, and the high capacity is a nice touch even though I don't carry it. Had my eye on one when it came up for sale in the classifieds here. Passed up and RIA 1911 for a good price a few months before I bought the Witness, and then it was stuck in my head.

Honestly, I may eventually trade it for a 44 mag revolver, but that has everything to do with having a lever gun in 44 mag on order, and nothing to do with the 10mm's shortcomings itself.
    I almost got one pre-covid, when they were cheap and available. Sorry I did not.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Allegheny County)

I have the Springfield XDMe 3.8", and it's fantastic. I've run every brand/every load I could order through it, runs everything. Great shooter, very comfortable. I work on abandon buildings in the ghetto. Pitbull attacks are a real concern. I know more then one cop that's had a 9mm bounce off the top of at attacking dogs head. And 10 is more than 9, so I did some quick math.

I carry OWB, so there's no reason to limit myself to a 9mm. (Or .45).

I like my XDMe 10mm so much, the .45 is on the list now. Price is right on these guns too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast