Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Community outraged after cop shoots harmless golden retriever dead

Not gonna watch the video at this time because I'm already pissed off reading that he continued to shoot the dog as it tried to crawl away.

That's all I can say since the internet is forever.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I grew up with dogs, everyone i knew had dogs. I see people walking their dogs on leashes and that's I get. Maybe in densely populated areas. But in the burbs, I'm not so sure.

How are you going to play fetch with your dog on a leash?
    You buy a fence.

(Jefferson County)

I grew up with dogs, everyone i knew had dogs. I see people walking their dogs on leashes and that's I get. Maybe in densely populated areas. But in the burbs, I'm not so sure.

In your fenced-in yard, or the fenced-in dog park. PA only exempts training dogs for hunting, trained dogs while actually hunting, service dogs(most are leashed or have handle bar), and exhibitions. Many states are legally just the same.

PA's law on the matter:
    § 459-305. Confinement and housing of dogs not part of a kennel
    (a) Confinement and control.-- It shall be unlawful for the owner or keeper of any dog to fail to keep at all times the dog in any of the following manners:

(1) confined within the premises of the owner;

(2) firmly secured by means of a collar and chain or other device so that it cannot stray beyond the premises on which it is secured; or

(3) under the reasonable control of some person, or when engaged in lawful hunting, exhibition, performance events or field training.

(b) Housing.-- It shall be unlawful for the owner or keeper of a dog to house the dog for any period of time in a drum, barrel, refrigerator or freezer regardless of the material of which the drum, barrel, refrigerator or freezer is constructed.

Here is Ohio's leash law, that is very similar. https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-administ...e-1501:46-3-06

If that lady had her dog on a leash it'd probably still be alive. ...unless he was an ATF or FBI agent, then they shoot the dogs anyways.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I wonder if he was bitten by a dog as a child.

I wonder if the sight of a golden retriever approaching made him pee his pants.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I wonder if he was bitten by a dog as a child.

I wonder if the sight of a golden retriever approaching made him pee his pants.
    Dogs are an occupational hazard. Fear of dogs should be a disqualifying factor for cops.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(York County)

Had my 1st golden 14yrs...............
    My second 12 yrs after him.........kindest gentlest dogs ever.

It would have taken ever bit of will power to not shoot the cop right then and there - but realize the implications.
    However, were it my dog ........this person would be found and made dead..................not today.....not tomorrow............but soon.

There are consequences....................

Well, toss it short, run with pooch,. Or just tie pooch up, toss it, run and get it yourself...

Yup, your correct.. no fucking way id be able to manage that stick in my mouth. Has to be common sense somewhere
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

Not saying the cop was right at all, but that owner should have voice command training on those dogs before letting them run off the leash.

I have a golden retriever and a yellow lab, that dog was a lab.
    I have trained my hunting dogs for decades for small game and upland birds they walk off the leash all the time.
    My 4 yo golden is not as well trained as the lab because she is a lazy dipshit, acts like a dippy blonde, bred for walking and a loving disposition but she knows the basic 7 commands come, sit, stay, heel, whoa, No, down, also get on the leash , go say hi, bring it here, give, maybe a few others and not so much hand signal trained as the lab. She understands a lot of other non command words and she will do things shes not really trained to do because she can deduce what your sayin on tone and inflections, she loves pointing rabbits and squirrels. She will track them from the ground when their treed.
    The Lab is from hunting lodge in Georgia and they duck hunt in the fall and do field trials in the off seasons. all their dogs are exceptionally smart and award winners/ champions in the field trials
    The lab is a focused phenomenon. When she is playing shes actually playing at hunting, and its like she is on a mission. The lab is voice and hand signal trained. Her hand signals are come, sit, break (when pointing to flush) hold position, search left, search right, search closer, search farther out.
    they have commands for heel, sit, stay, come, whoa, No, Hold up, go say Hi, get on the leash, no cats, rabbits squirrels, no jumping, find your toy, bring it here, give.
    . Theyre also whistle trained to come
    Im just saying If that owner had put even a few hours a week into training that dog there may have been a different outcome
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(York County)

I also have a lab - my response is the same.........................

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Not saying the cop was right at all, but that owner should have voice command training on those dogs before letting them run off the leash.

I have a golden retriever and a yellow lab, that dog was a lab.
    I have trained my hunting dogs for decades for small game and upland birds they walk off the leash all the time.
    My 4 yo golden is not as well trained as the lab because she is a lazy dipshit, acts like a dippy blonde, bred for walking and a loving disposition but she knows the basic 7 commands come, sit, stay, heel, whoa, No, down, also get on the leash , go say hi, bring it here, give, maybe a few others and not so much hand signal trained as the lab. She understands a lot of other non command words and she will do things shes not really trained to do because she can deduce what your sayin on tone and inflections, she loves pointing rabbits and squirrels. She will track them from the ground when their treed.
    The Lab is from hunting lodge in Georgia and they duck hunt in the fall and do field trials in the off seasons. all their dogs are exceptionally smart and award winners/ champions in the field trials
    The lab is a focused phenomenon. When she is playing shes actually playing at hunting, and its like she is on a mission. The lab is voice and hand signal trained. Her hand signals are come, sit, break (when pointing to flush) hold position, search left, search right, search closer, search farther out.
    they have commands for heel, sit, stay, come, whoa, No, Hold up, go say Hi, get on the leash, no cats, rabbits squirrels, no jumping, find your toy, bring it here, give.
    . Theyre also whistle trained to come
    Im just saying If that owner had put even a few hours a week into training that dog there may have been a different outcome
    Imagine if cops were to spend 1 hour out of all their extensive training on how to read doggie body language. It's very easy to tell a dog that's attacking from one that just wants to greet someone new. Most kids can pick it up by 5yrs old. This cop will suffer no consequences from his department. He'll claim he was skeered and he just wanted to get home safe that night. Dogs are merely property, that is, until you kick a police dog but again only property when a cop locks his own dog in a hot car.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast