Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bucks Co's Douche on a bike

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Sounds like you need speed bumps, not cops.
    Is there a difference?

(Clearfield County)

The guy is riding in sneakers, with no gloves, helmet, jacket or eye protection. This seems like a problem that will solve itself.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Is there a difference?
    Yes.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Not sure what any of that has to do with my post.
    Right back at you. You stated I don't understand how cops are even eligible for OT. They're highly paid professionals, with a great amount of discretion and independence in carrying out their duties. How the fuck are they OT eligible?

Overtime is usually working more than 40 hours in a week. Or whatever a normal work week schedule is. What does discretion and independence of duties have to do with them working additional hours over their normal schedule?

I tried to explain what extra details are worked or even fill in details, but I guess that went over your head.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Right back at you. You stated I don't understand how cops are even eligible for OT. They're highly paid professionals, with a great amount of discretion and independence in carrying out their duties. How the fuck are they OT eligible?

Overtime is usually working more than 40 hours in a week. Or whatever a normal work week schedule is. What does discretion and independence of duties have to do with them working additional hours over their normal schedule?

I tried to explain what extra details are worked or even fill in details, but I guess that went over your head.
    Special details, court time all count as OT.
    Years ago, Phila tried to "change" your shift to Day Work whenever you had court.
    Till the FOP got a time period before they could "change your shift"
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    My neighbors have lost at least 10 cars in the past few years due to people speeding around a blind curve, losing control, over correcting and then slamming into parked cars opposite the side of me We have complained about it, they do nothing. But they did spend time running trap on a side street in a nearby neighborhood of $million homes. One guy lost 4 trucks in the span of 2 years, 2 of them were 2 weeks apart.

Two weeks ago, my daughter and I thought we were going to see another one, 26' Penske truck came around the curve, oversteered and was almost into the parked cars. Turned away at the last second and almost oversteered again into the other lane. Would have sucked because he probably would have hit us as we were waiting to back into the driveway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon...fortification)

(Berks County)

30 years ago I knew a guy that had cars driving through his lawn. He put up like 2" diameter pipe sticking out of the ground 3 feet long at 45 degree angles. One early morning a car got hung up on them. Quite an issue. I don't recall exactly how, but the township/police forced him to remove them.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    30 years ago I knew a guy that had cars driving through his lawn. He put up like 2" diameter pipe sticking out of the ground 3 feet long at 45 degree angles. One early morning a car got hung up on them. Quite an issue. I don't recall exactly how, but the township/police forced him to remove them.
    He did it wrong. You can't just put up fortifications that look like fortifications. There's a house near me that's on the apex of a sharp curve. They have landscaping boulders that line their front yard. Big ones. I know another guy that has 3 beer kegs stacked as a pyramid to hold his mailbox. They're welded together and filled with concrete.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

A nice rock garden filled about 2' deep with marble sized river rocks would both look nice and solve a problem.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    He did it wrong. You can't just put up fortifications that look like fortifications. There's a house near me that's on the apex of a sharp curve. They have landscaping boulders that line their front yard. Big ones. I know another guy that has 3 beer kegs stacked as a pyramid to hold his mailbox. They're welded together and filled with concrete.
    Exactly.

I had a-holes driving across a 5' grass strip behind my house that borders the alley, the alley sucks and is full of potholes, so to avoid slamming into the holes they would drive over my grass instead of slowing down. Meaning they drove at speed within inches of my 2-story garage. I didn't like that.

Then a drug dealer rented the 2nd floor of the house next door, and his customers would park on that grass strip at 2 AM while waiting to make purchases. I really didn't like the tweakers parking there.

Had some amorous couple park there to fuck. I had mixed feelings about that.

I started by stacking a couple cinder blocks, but the stoner neighbors kept driving into them despite the rebar & flags marking them. Fun to watch, but wasn't doing the job.

Anywhoo, I built myself 2 ziggurats of head-sized rocks, 1 at each end of the strip, extending from the garage wall to a few inches inside my property before the right-of-way begins for the alley (half of which is on my land). About 2.5-3 ft tall. Have not had problems since, although a couple kids tried using them as benches, until I added some dog poop to the heaps and that seemed to discourage them.

If I get enthused some day, I'll pay someone to truck in a couple of unitary boulders, 1 each per end, about the size of a La-Z-Boy recliner. Not foolproof, but pretty good. There was a house on Rte 113 that had a couple boulders and some trees between them and the road just before it turned, until a Coca-Cola semi driver was texting or dozing or jacking off or whatever, and went straight while the road turned. He went right over the boulders and through the trees into the house.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ni4-story.htmlqtown truck crash.jpg
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast