Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default What is the PA definition of an "armor piercing" round?

What is the PA definition of an "armor piercing" round? Is it an SS109 bullet or an 855 round, or a black tip round and are 30-06 rounds from past conflicts grandfathered in?

PRINTER'S NO. 1172

THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA
    HOUSE BILL
    No. 1117
    Session of

INTRODUCED BY BRENNAN, MADDEN, PROBST, PIELLI, RABB, SIEGEL, SANCHEZ, CEPEDA-FREYTIZ, KHAN, CERRATO, CIRESI, STEELE, WARREN, SHUSTERMAN, TAKAC, MALAGARI, KINKEAD, BOYLE, SCHWEYER, HANBIDGE, DONAHUE, GREEN AND FLEMING, MAY 5, 2023

REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY, MAY 5, 2023

AN ACT

Amending Title 18
    (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for the offense of certain bullets prohibited.
    The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
    Section 1. Section 6121(a) of Title 18 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is amended and the section is amended by adding a subsection to read:

§ 6121. Certain bullets prohibited.
    (a) Offense defined.--It is unlawful for any person to possess, sell, transfer, use or attempt to use a KTW teflon-coated bullet or other armor-piercing ammunition [while committing or attempting to commit a crime of violence as defined in section 6102 (relating to definitions)].
    (c.1) Exceptions.--
    (1) Any person who possesses armor-piercing ammunition as of the effective date of this subsection shall have 60 days after the effective date of this subsection to surrender armor-piercing ammunition to law enforcement, during which time a person may not be guilty of possessing an armor-piercing bullet.

(2) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the sale, offering or exposing for sale, use, purchase or possession of armor-piercing ammunition by a person who is a government officer, agent or employee, a member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard or a peace officer, to the extent that the individual is authorized by the government to sell, offer or expose for sale, use, purchase, possess or control armor-piercing ammunition and, consistent with the authorization, does so while acting within the scope of the person's duties.

(3) The following shall be exempt from the prohibition under subsection (a):
    (i) The possession and control of armor-piercing ammunition by a person who finds armor-piercing ammunition, if the person is not prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under Federal or State law, and the person possesses or controls the armor-piercing ammunition no longer than is necessary to deliver or transport the same to a law enforcement agency for the agency's disposition.
    (ii) Any person or the person's representative or agent who is legally engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing or dealing in armor-piercing ammunition.
    Section 2. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...type=B&bn=1117
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: What is the PA definition of an "armor piercing" round?

LOL! I doubt 2% of gun owners even know what the fuck a KTW round IS, let alone have any.
    They are so stuck in the past, they just pull out ancient drafts and add the current date to anti-gun stuff.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

They can go to hell.

So this reads with some ambiguity.

Is it this?

It is unlawful for any person to ((possess, sell, transfer, use or attempt to use a KTW teflon-coated bullet or other armor-piercing ammunition)) [while committing or attempting to commit a crime of violence as defined in section 6102 (relating to definitions)].

Or this?

It is unlawful for any person to ((possess, sell, transfer, use or attempt to use a KTW teflon-coated bullet or other armor-piercing ammunition [while committing or attempting to commit a crime of violence)) as defined in section 6102 (relating to definitions)].

I like AP ammo. APIT are even cooler.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL! I doubt 2% of gun owners even know what the fuck a KTW round IS, let alone have any.
    They are so stuck in the past, they just pull out ancient drafts and add the current date to anti-gun stuff.
    i had to look it up since the idiot is referencing an article from before i was born. does this mean my 30-06 hunting ammo will be illegal since it can penetrate most soft armor.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    They can go to hell.

So this reads with some ambiguity.

Is it this?

It is unlawful for any person to ((possess, sell, transfer, use or attempt to use a KTW teflon-coated bullet or other armor-piercing ammunition)) [while committing or attempting to commit a crime of violence as defined in section 6102 (relating to definitions)].

Or this?

It is unlawful for any person to ((possess, sell, transfer, use or attempt to use a KTW teflon-coated bullet or other armor-piercing ammunition [while committing or attempting to commit a crime of violence)) as defined in section 6102 (relating to definitions)].
    That's how I'm reading it, it's only illegal if you're using it during commission of a crime.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    That's how I'm reading it, it's only illegal if you're using it during commission of a crime.
    (1) Any person who possesses armor-piercing ammunition as of the effective date of this subsection shall have 60 days after the effective date of this subsection to surrender armor-piercing ammunition to law enforcement, during which time a person may not be guilty of possessing an armor-piercing bullet.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Washington County)

I believe the stuff about KTW teflon coated bullets was put into law in 1984: https://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS...TOKEN=54404850
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by RugerNiner View Post
    Meh, this is right up there with "For law enforcement only" bullets. Funny how I can always seem to find those at gun stores and gun shows.

ooooh ooohh those old "cop Killah " golden sabre or black talon sceery looking boolitts? .
    Fuck these liberal ass hats.
    Come and take them then fuckwits.
    I havent seen that shit in years
    Grow some balls and knock on MY door your selves.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast