Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winchester Model 70 value

I have a Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 and I*m trying to determine the fair market value of. As best as I can tell it*s a 1964, so it would be the first year after the redesign. Are there resources, like a blue book, to help determine value? I*ve not been successful in finding anything in searches.

The rifle has an interesting bit of history; the gun was stolen from my father-in-law by Jesse Dee Wise not long before he killed most of his family. I*m sure that doesn*t increase the value, but it*s an interesting bit of provenance.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

Default Re: Winchester Model 70 value

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    I have a Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 and I*m trying to determine the fair market value of. As best as I can tell it*s a 1964, so it would be the first year after the redesign. Are there resources, like a blue book, to help determine value? I*ve not been successful in finding anything in searches.

The rifle has an interesting bit of history; the gun was stolen from my father-in-law by Jesse Dee Wise not long before he killed most of his family. I*m sure that doesn*t increase the value, but it*s an interesting bit of provenance.
    Go to gunbroker advanced search and see what they've been selling for.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Go to gunbroker advanced search and see what they've been selling for.
    Unfortunately, GB prices are all over the board. It’s hard to get a feel on an “average price”, if there is such a thing.

(Bucks County)

Unfortunately, GB prices are all over the board. It*s hard to get a feel on an *average price*, if there is such a thing.
    You have to search completed auctions that actually sold. Not the asking price since a lot of guns go unsold because the seller is dreaming. I believe you have to register to do advanced searches.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    You have to search completed auctions that actually sold. Not the asking price since a lot of guns go unsold because the seller is dreaming. I believe you have to register to do advanced searches.
    You are correct and this is what I'm talking about

I don*t know, maybe I*m just retarded, but that search is less useful than the poofa search feature, if that*s even possible. At least the poofa search feature gives you 1000 useless links to sift through to find the search item you*re looking for. I tried 20 different search criteria and all it would return was * No results found or search too broad*.

I tried to search *Winchester model 70*, *model 70*, searched for only items in the United States, only items in Pennsylvania, only item sold within the last 30 days, the last two weeks, and even the last 24 hours. It didn*t give me one result.

(Berks County)

I don*t know, maybe I*m just retarded, but that search is less useful than the poofa search feature, if that*s even possible. At least the poofa search feature gives you 1000 useless links to sift through to find the search item you*re looking for. I tried 20 different search criteria and all it would return was * No results found or search too broad*.

I tried to search *Winchester model 70*, *model 70*, searched for only items in the United States, only items in Pennsylvania, only item sold within the last 30 days, the last two weeks, and even the last 24 hours. It didn*t give me one result.
    Why would you limit your search to such a narrow band? I searched exactly what you are looking for a value on, 'completed items only' and found a litany of sold rifles in various condition and manufacturing dates.

(Bucks County)

Not sure what you are doing. Did you register for an account? I went to GB and hit advanced search (next to the main search). Then I hit completed items and typed in "Winchester model 70" and got 70 pages of hits. Then I specified 30-06 and got 7 pages. If you sort by bid count you will see the ones that had bids and probably sold (only 1 1/2 pages).

After a quick look pre 64's go for well over $1000 and post 64's are much lower. As usual its all about condition and how many people get carried away bidding. Here are some typical listings that sold.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/988126585

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/991799674

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/988691023

I kept narrowing the search parameters because it kept telling me there were either no results, which I knew couldn*t be true, or the search was too broad. I also did say I might be retarded. Clearly you guys got it to work. Thank you Delkal for the links because i couldn*t get it to work.

I’m also searching from my phone. I wonder if that makes a difference? I’ll try again from my desktop when I get home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast