Hey guys! Give me your opinions here.

I know this debate rages on every gun forum on the internet. I’m wondering if any of you have these guns and can offer your opinions.

I’m looking for a nice 1911. I’m between two: a Colt Gold Cup Trophy (newer model probably Series 80) and a Kimber Gold Match (appears to be series one since there is no “Series II” designation.)
Both are blue, not stainless. Both are used. Both are about the same price: $8xx.

I know guys who like Kimbers because they’re Kimbers. “The best there is”. Have they ever compared a Colt to a Kimber side by side? I doubt it.

I’ve known collectors who have Colt National Matches, Gold Cups, and Trophies because they’re Colts. There’s no question in their mind that Colts are the best. Everyone else’s is a copy.

I’ve never shot a 1911 and have only held a few. Even the Taurus felt fine to me at the shop. I’m not confusing the question with other makes. I’ve considered Springfields, S&Ws, etc., but keep coming back to Colts and Kimbers. It seems that I’ve been finding a lot of used Kimbers out there lately.

I know that I might be opening a can of worms here. The Colt vs Kimber debate is always very controversial.