Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: ATF sending letters to purchasers of W.O.T. FRTs

Quote Originally Posted by ar556 View Post
    So, how does ATF know when somebody buys FRT? Do you fill out a form for it that goes to ATF? It cannot be the creditcard. From my retail experience, merchant account only has the total amount captured and authorized. It does not know about the item(s) being purchased. It's got to be the FFL/retailer that transmits the content of the transaction to 3rd party.
    If I have CC records from a greenhouse that only sells maple trees, I'll assume that everyone was buying maples.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I wouldn*t rely on them playing by the rules. The gloves have come off, they*re not even trying anymore. I could see you being a smug bastard with them and throwing down the *you have to prove it* card.

Next thing that happens is you*re cuffed/stuffed. The nice agent man will explain that we don*t do that warrant thing any more.
    We know you bought one, your azz is gonna sit in a cell until you come up with it. You*re going to have bail issues just like some of the 1/6 crew.
    That would definitely be my urge, but should contact actually take place, I've seen enough to know I'm not going to engage in any conversation beyond *maybe* "Do you have a warrant?" and "Please leave my property."

They may proceed anyway, but I also know I'm not going to outtalk them or change their mind. I also realize that even if I assert my rights "perfectly", it's not a guarantee that they won't enter/search/sieze illegally. The scales are tipped in their favor, and not by just a little.

Confrontation is a better bet when you're dealing with a hick State Constable about the legality of voting while armed. You may still have to leverage the "justice" system to make your point, but at least the potential of time in a federal prison isn't likely to be in the list of "consequences" for non-cooperation (ie - "resisting").
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

America is becoming 1930s Germany. Pray for the best , prepare for the worst.

That guy that was selling those pieces of metal that may get him 65 years.

FJB

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I wouldn*t rely on them playing by the rules. The gloves have come off, they*re not even trying anymore. I could see you being a smug bastard with them and throwing down the *you have to prove it* card.

Next thing that happens is you’re cuffed/stuffed. The nice agent man will explain that we don*t do that warrant thing any more.
    We know you bought one, your azz is gonna sit in a cell until you come up with it. You*re going to have bail issues just like some of the 1/6 crew.
    The general consensus among the attorneys that have posted about this topic typically advises you to tell them you won't be answering any questions and ask them to leave. They caution that if you produce said item you have just provided them with proof that you are in possession of a "machine gun." They also advise that if you do have said item to promptly dispose of it in case they come back with a warrant. All sound advice imho. Maybe they'll never come back, but it's not something I would want t gamble on.

(Bucks County)

zipp
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    That guy that was selling those pieces of metal that may get him 65 years.

I haven't followed his situation closely, but dude's wife is doing him no favors by appearing on YouTube.
    Yikes.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I haven't followed his situation closely, but dude's wife is doing him no favors by appearing on YouTube.
    Yikes.
    I*ve thought the same thing over the last couple of months since she started. I generally watch a minute or two of the video when it pops up.

Way I figure it is that they are in a ton of debt after the case. Between loss of income, lawyers and fines they are fucked. Her husband was probably the breadwinner and now she is finding herself in a situation where she has kids/kid and possibly no skills to work a high paying job. By doing the video she might be picking up some money for the views, any of those patches she sells and any donations people might make.

My impression is the seriousness of the situation has set in and she is feeling it financially. The channel at least can suppliement any other job she has.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123