Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Found two holsters. need advice?

Alright so after all my searching I found two holsters for pretty good price.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/fobus-le...n-holster.html
    Fobus Level 2 Thumb Lever Action Holster

or

5.11 Tactical Blade-Tech Revolution Holster
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-holster.html

I have looked at some leather ones, and for some reason I really don't like the leather. I found the Fobus one, I really like that one because of the thumb lever (and its roto). Does anyone know of any bad things with either the Tactical blade one or even the Fobus? For a Glock 19.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Found two holsters. need advice?

I have used both, and they are a little bulky for CC IMO, and I didn't like the thumb lever.
    I sold mine.

These are the absolute best CC holsters I have ever used or seen. Tight to the body and very comfortable.
    Raven Concealment Systems uses two pieces of Kydex riveted together and heat molded around the same gun, making it an absolute perfect fit.
    They take a few weeks, but are well worth it. I have one for my S&W M&P and one for my Beretta M9 with mag pouches as well.

http://www.themalabarfront.com/index.php?cPath=82_85_92
    Last edited by RONNIE77; November 24th, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Westmoreland County)

I'm not a fan of paddles, too hard to wear CC. IWB is the only way I feel comfy
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain.

(Montgomery County)

I literally just walked in the door from buying an IWB and OC holster. I was looking at the Fobus, but found it too bulky. I was looking at a couple of other styles that featured the thumb levers but really feel it's unnecessary, but would give possible piece of mind to a person. I bought a Bladetech, since when it's on the belt loop one vs the paddle I like how close it fits my frame. With a thermal henley shirt on it slightly prints with a Glock 27 even being outside my waistband. This is my second Bladetech, first was for a Glock 22.

The IWB I am breaking in is a Galco SkyOps. The reason I chose it was comfort and the clip. The clip is barely noticeable when tucked.

Good choice w/ LA Policegear tho, very good experiences ordering with them.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the replies. I found out that blade tech from 5.11 is both paddle and belt. It comes ready to change it to whatever I want so that's pretty good. It says that when you put your pistol into that it "clicks" so its not going anywhere? That's why I was leaning towards the Fobus, it has that lever, that way I know it's not going anywhere by accident or whatnot.

I am going over to gun store tomorrow to put some money on my glock on lay-a-way so there are some holsters there I'll try and mess around with a few.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I found out that blade tech from 5.11 is both paddle and belt. It comes ready to change it to whatever I want so that's pretty good. It says that when you put your pistol into that it "clicks" so its not going anywhere? That's why I was leaning towards the Fobus, it has that lever, that way I know it's not going anywhere by accident or whatnot.

I am going over to gun store tomorrow to put some money on my glock on lay-a-way so there are some holsters there I'll try and mess around with a few.
    Fobus quality sucks. Bladetech is better. I have bladetech as a "range" holster and for pistol matches. CC is a little rough, but isn't impossible. As far as the retention feature on the Fobus, I say "gimmick". If you have a decent CC holster it should retain your firearm even in a fall or struggle, while allowing you to draw it easily when needed. I have been using open style holsters by Galco, Kramer, El Paso, for fifteen years, have run and taken accidental falls while wearing them and have never lost a gun. The only reason I can see for a retention device is for LE carrying in plain view and who have to worry about being required to grapple with or get close to a person to take them into custody.

Also think about a good belt. I wear a Galco Contour in horsehide. It was expensive, but it will probably last longer than me, and really makes a difference in how heavy a gun feels and how often I have to stop and hike up my pants to keep'em from sagging. At a cheaper price I'd reccommend one of the BDU style belts with the rigid plastic inserts sold by various companies. I got one pretty cheap from 5.11 tactical during a sale and I'm pretty happy with it.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the reply, I got a chance to mess around with the Blade Tech one, it feels better when wearing it, so I think I'll go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
    Fobus quality sucks. Bladetech is better. I have bladetech as a "range" holster and for pistol matches. CC is a little rough, but isn't impossible. As far as the retention feature on the Fobus, I say "gimmick". If you have a decent CC holster it should retain your firearm even in a fall or struggle, while allowing you to draw it easily when needed. I have been using open style holsters by Galco, Kramer, El Paso, for fifteen years, have run and taken accidental falls while wearing them and have never lost a gun. The only reason I can see for a retention device is for LE carrying in plain view and who have to worry about being required to grapple with or get close to a person to take them into custody.

Also think about a good belt. I wear a Galco Contour in horsehide. It was expensive, but it will probably last longer than me, and really makes a difference in how heavy a gun feels and how often I have to stop and hike up my pants to keep'em from sagging. At a cheaper price I'd reccommend one of the BDU style belts with the rigid plastic inserts sold by various companies. I got one pretty cheap from 5.11 tactical during a sale and I'm pretty happy with it.