Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mifflin County)

Default DUI/concealed carry

If this has been addressed previously I apologize for the repetition. I was recently involved in a very minor accident and was subsequently charged with DUI. Will these charges affect my CC permit? Thanks in advance for any replies.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: DUI/concealed carry

I don't think the charges will affect your cc permit. But if you are convicted, and subsiquintly put on probation, then, they may request you to hand over your permit and cut it up. I believe after your probation, you can reapply for a cc permit. But don't hold me to it. Sorry to hear about your situation.

(Northampton County)

AFAIK, one DUI is not an enumerated offense that will prohibit you. However, if the Sheriff catches wind of it, he may try to revoke it under the useless "character" clause.

So, I wouldn't make a big deal about it, and especially wouldn't let the Sheriff's office find out.

But take note that I am not a lawyer (yet), and thus my advice should not be taken as fact.

EDITED TO ADD: If you have a "CC permit" from Pennsylvania, it is obviously a fraud and is not valid for concealed carry or any carry in Philadelphia. You should, instead, have a "License to Carry Firearms", often abbreviated "LTCF".
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    AFAIK, one DUI is not an enumerated offense that will prohibit you. However, if the Sheriff catches wind of it, he may try to revoke it under the useless "character" clause.

So, I wouldn't make a big deal about it, and especially wouldn't let the Sheriff's office find out.

But take note that I am not a lawyer (yet), and thus my advice should not be taken as fact.

EDITED TO ADD: If you have a "CC permit" from Pennsylvania, it is obviously a fraud and is not valid for concealed carry or any carry in Philadelphia. You should, instead, have a "License to Carry Firearms", often abbreviated "LTCF".

No doubt about that, considering your advice isn't worth a dogs' ass!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by deputy View Post
    No doubt about that, considering your advice isn't worth a dogs' ass!
    Huh? Is that to mean he should through himself at the mercy of a sheriff? I'm all for not letting anybody know you have an LTCF. If they find out, oh well, but I would never let them know. It might just go unnoticed.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Jefferson County)

3 DUI's in five years will prohibit you. Also, under PA's new DUI law (1) DUI can get you prohibited depending on certain circumstances(injuries, damages, etc) because it elevates the charge to M1 or higher.

You need to find out what the charge was for sure, M2, M1, F3, etc..
    Last edited by knight0334; November 23rd, 2008 at 11:02 PM.

(Chester County)

It's possibly affected.

I say this because one of my former co-workers (LEO) in Chester County, had a guy for DUI. They found a gun in his car. While checking with the Sheriff's Office to see if he had a valid LCTF, they (the Sheriff's Office) said that they may "suspend" his LCTF for X amount of time. My co-worker does not know if the guy was actually "suspended" or not and if he did, if he got is LCTF back or not. As far as I know it was a 1st time DUI, with no other criminal charges. Personally, I have never had this situation, or know anyone else who has.

(Jefferson County)

I must have miss read the OP's first post and I gotta add to the above post.

If/when you go on probation you can be certain to bet your LTCF will be revoked. And while on probation you will not be allowed to possess any weapons.