Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Honest question on NFA

I've been giving this one some thought: if I could get a do over, how I might go instead-

- I hate my QD muzzle devices. Expensive for each gun, noisy ratcheting action, adds length. I realize maybe I just didn't pick the best cans/manufacturer but if I could do it over again I think I would love to just have direct thread cans.

-I wish I had K(kurz, small) cans. Yeah it's really neat to hear subsonics barely make a mouse fart noise, but honestly I find them impractical. The big cans that really reduce dbs are obnoxiously large & heavy. Furthermore I'm not an operator sneaking in for silent kills, and I want full power ammo to do what it needs to do, so I'm still going to have a crack.

- Rimfire can. I could live without it. I easily spend more time cleaning the damn thing than shooting with it. Everybody seems to love them, but I don't find rifle rimfire that loud to begin with, and it's only marginally cool on pistols.

-SBR. 1 SBR'd AR lower would suit me. I'd love to have a bullpup as well. I wish I hadn't made an investment in 9mm sub-gun sbrs. If I could get my money back for my Sig MPX, & CZ Scorpion I would buy a shit ton of .300blk ammo
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Washington County)

Definitely some love/hate feelings with the QD mounts, I think the latest and greatest ones work a lot better than the older ones, like the AAC 51T mounts I have.

I agree, shorter cans are better, long heavy cans suck.

My rimfire can might have the highest round count. I still enjoy sending quiet 22s down range. I hate cleaning it though, and it is the only one I worry about cleaning.

Just turn the MPX and Scorpion back into pistols and sell them. I have an AR lower with someone else's NFA engraving. Doesn't bother me a bit.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Ditto.

Suppressors should be available in vending machines on street corners.
    I made weird life choices and am semi-Brit. Ha

Over there, suppressors are assumed - like you’re an asshat if you don’t have one. But.. you’re also a maniac if you are interested in firearms at all. 😏

One of these days I'm going to get a integrally suppressed 10/22
    FJB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234