Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions

Default Home Invasions

I don't know if this is outside of GA, but this is the third time I've heard of something like this happening. Thought it was worth mentioning to you folks up north.

Copied from AR15.com GAhtf

Just got his thru my HOA. it might interest some of you in the N Gwinnett/S.Hall area
    I won't sware to the accuracy of this, but is food for thought.

There are 2 separate letters below, both sharing stories or incidents that have happened right here in our area. Please read these and be aware of who is at your door. Do keep your doors locked at all times and remind your children to never open the door to a stranger. What a terrible shame that our world and our lovely little town is coming to this. Please be careful and be alert!

Letter #1: Hey girls,

These people came to my house on Sat. when Charlie and I were alone. I opened the door just a little. It was a white young girl about 18. She then proceeded to try to enter the house by shaking my hand. I saw the can of air freshener in her hand and I remembered a previous email I had gotten from Hall Co Resource Officers. So I slammed the door in her face and almost got her hand!!!! When I ran to lock the garage door, the men were in the van "waiting" I guess. I had my cordless phone in my hand and called 911! I did just like this email said. I hid at my big dining room window and got the tag number. About an hour later the police came by my house. They had caught them down the road just about ¼ of a mile at an elderly couple's home. The police asked some
    minor questions and told me there were 7 men in the van!!!!! "Everyone needs to call 911 when these idiots come to the door. OH, one thing they are doing too is looking for cars in driveways, carports, etc. that have handicapped on them!!! The officer says their main goal is to immobilize you and the men come in and clean out your house I guess!!!! They could only write them a citation b/c they didn't have anything stolen in the van and they
    hadn't hurt anyone yet. They are from Madison County. The police was adamant that they were "very aggressive"
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––
    2nd Letter/Notice: Another warning sent to us regarding the Kirby Vacuum Cleaner
    people from our Hall County Business License Dept.

The Hall County Sheriff's Office has just contacted me again saying that they are having more complaint calls come in today from the North Hall Area….. These people are really creative about how to “talk" their way into your house and once they are in, it is VERY hard to get them out. There appears to be at least 1 female, and then 2 or more large men
    that sort of descend behind her once she is in the house….

PLEASE DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR TO THESE PEOPLE – YELL THRU THE DOOR FOR THEM TO LEAVE, THAT YOU ARE CALLING 911. If you have a window in your door, or windows at your door, and they can see you, HAVE THE PHONE IN YOUR HAND as you are telling them to leave. They are currently driving a white van! Do not give them your name, they are using all names that they are given as "testimonials" to your neighbors – saying that YOU have employed them, or bought a machine from them and recommended that they contact your neighbors.
    Send this email to everyone you know, call your family, your parents, your adult children, your siblings, your friends, your co-workers to spread the news about these people.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8855&dateline=1222904  944
    Acacia Lodge #452 F&AM, Savannah, GA

Georgiacarry.org supporting member

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Home Invasions

Haven't noticed anything like that here on the left side of the Common"wealth".

But, my wife and I were just talkin the other day 'bout the rash of home invasions on the news the last couple weeks. Seems like every other day there is a report of a home invasion. Some even under premise of an FBI drug raid (sorry, couldn't resist that one).

Hard times call for desperate measures, but, have no fear, Obama will be in office soon and all those hard times are gonna blow awaay in the breeze.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by pirateron View Post
    Haven't noticed anything like that here on the left side of the Common"wealth".

But, my wife and I were just talkin the other day 'bout the rash of home invasions on the news the last couple weeks. Seems like every other day there is a report of a home invasion. Some even under premise of an FBI drug raid (sorry, couldn't resist that one).

Hard times call for desperate measures, but, have no fear, Obama will be in office soon and all those hard times are gonna blow awaay in the breeze.
    Yep he will sprinkle rainbows and lollipops on the world and the sea levels will fall and ice will reform (that is assuming it is globally melting grrrr), and everything will be great when he rides his magic unicorn into office.

Well, until he cures all of America's ills with sunshine and farts I'll be answering the front door with my hand on my gun.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8855&dateline=1222904  944
    Acacia Lodge #452 F&AM, Savannah, GA

Georgiacarry.org supporting member

(Somerset County)

those are just obama voters looking for their free stuff
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by 00leland00 View Post
    1! . About an hour later the police came by my house. –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––
    I realize that the police were busy catching the bad guys, but an hour to check on her? WTF? What if there was another bad guy or two at the original house?
    I vote the second first

(York County)

Springittsbury twp in York county had a rash of brake ins while people were home sleeping. They caught some of them, 14,15, and 16 year old kids.
    I can not speak of the validity of the OPs post but, the new will tell you that the bad guys are getting more bold.
    RIP -The US constitution.

There have been a rash of these in Monroe county over the past 6 months, a disturbing trend to say the least.

For those of us around here it's just another reason to carry ALL THE TIME

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Do any of these home invasions happen in rural areas down long driveways? I know anything is possible, but just wondering if any have happened before somewhere. Sometimes I get to feeling I am paranoid carrying at home. I know another MDer who does it too, yesterday I met up with him at his old farmhouse back in a hollow and he was carrying his P3AT in his pocket, 1 in the pipe, had a .22 mag leaning against the wall, and was sighting in his new deer slug gun. Well I proudly told him about my XD9 and how I wear it at home all the time LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

It can happen any where at anytime and to anyone.
    RIP -The US constitution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast