Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPS Sucks

(Allegheny County)

Default UPS Sucks

I had 2 boxes of Ranger Talons delivered on the 5th.

Never got them. UPS did an investigation, and I received them last week.

I had a holster from Fist delivered on the 7th

Never got it.

I called today wondering where it was and they said it was delivered on the 7th. WTF. I mean, who the hell are these people working for UPS? If I had known that hundreds of dollars and weeks of waiting would of been wasted, I'd of gone and picked up the packages at the manufacturer. this is BS.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: F*CK UPS

Damn.

My wifes stuff from QVC NEVER has any trouble finding it's way to the doorstep. (and neither do the bills)

She never chooses the more expensive "fast" shipping and stuff arrives fast anyway. Then again, they aren't very far away.

I trust UPS, FedEx, DHL, carrier pigeons and the long-gone pony express more than the USPS. You wouldn't believe how much of our neighbor's mail ends up in our mailbox - some of it has been OUTGOING bill payments! Figure THAT one out!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    I called today wondering where it was and they said it was delivered on the 7th. WTF. I mean, who the hell are these people working for UPS? If I had known that hundreds of dollars and weeks of waiting would of been wasted, I'd of gone and picked up the packages at the manufacturer. this is BS.

I heard rumors about UPS being anti-gun and hiding your gun purchases. Maybe there was a new driver and he left them somewhere. One time I ordered some coffee and the new driver put it at my back door, which I never go to. It was there for three days before I decided to look there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock17 View Post
    I heard rumors about UPS being anti-gun and hiding your gun purchases. Maybe there was a new driver and he left them somewhere. One time I ordered some coffee and the new driver put it at my back door, which I never go to. It was there for three days before I decided to look there.
    We do have a new drive, but I don't know how many houses on my street have the same number.

(Berks County)

Same number doesn't mean a thing. I have an odd numbered house number but I had a package delivered to my door for an even numbered house three doors away. I'm sure that it was marked as delivered by the driver, and if I hadn't been honest I could have kept it, and my neighbors wouldn't have known squat about it.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Default Re: UPS Sucks

Sounds like you may have an inattentive driver. I've shipped many firearms via UPS without a hitch. I can tell you they don't pay extra for clerks that have a lot of knowledge handling firearm shipments.

If you keep complaiing to UPS about missing packages, sooner or later the driver will be questioned. Particularly if there's a pattern emerging.

(Erie County)

I was gonna say, how do you know the driver isn't stealing them. If you keep getting packages shipped from "Joe's Gun Supply" eventually the driver might notice. I've always been surprised that my packages are always here, they never ring the door bell though.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    they never ring the door bell though.
    Thats the problem I had when I was living in South Philly. I actually once caught the mailman stop his truck, then go up to the door with the yellow slip in hand, leave and go back the way he was going. Not even make an attempt to ring the bell.

Then I filed a complaint at USPS when I went to pick up my package. It didnt make a difference. They dont care.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

1 was coming from FIST Inc. Doubtful a female driver would know what it was.

And the ammo was coming form another place, but it didn't have ammo in the name.

I don't know if she's stealing it or not.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Thats the problem I had when I was living in South Philly. I actually once caught the mailman stop his truck, then go up to the door with the yellow slip in hand, leave and go back the way he was going. Not even make an attempt to ring the bell.

Then I filed a complaint at USPS when I went to pick up my package. It didnt make a difference. They dont care.
    that's happened to me before. They just left an "attempt to deliver" slip without ever attempting. I saw it come through the mail slot and opened the door with it in hand.

"where's my package?"

"uh, um...uh"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast