Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: More guns = more mass shootings (according to the Daily Mail)

It*s simply a case of not letting them shape the narrative and reframing the conversation.

My conversation goes more guns mean more ways for people to keep from being harmed by criminals. Whether female, handicapped, elderly, outnumbered or just a victim of a criminal, a gun is the equalizer. A person having a gun stops crimes. A person having a gun stops injuries. A person having a gun saves lives.

It does not matter if the criminal has a gun or not. Criminals with intent can harm or kill anyone. A gun gives the victim a fighting chance and the advantage in many cases. And that*s the way it should be. Criminals fearing to commit crimes because their potential victims can protect themselves. The more guns potential victims have, The more fear criminals have.

And if you want to tug at the heartstrings: why should anyone*s mother, grandmother, handicapped parent etc*. EVER be at the mercy of criminals wanting to do them harm. Do you really want to take away their best means of protection. Do you really want to take away their gun. A 200 pound (or a couple of them) criminal is going to overpower your 70 year grandmother whether the criminal has a gun or not. But your grandmother having a gun changes the balance of power real fast.

Don*t let antis guide the conversation. Always turn it to why guns are needed.

(York County)

The phrase "Like shooting fish in a barrel" comes to mind whenever Mass Shooters choose Gun Free Zones, and other areas (like businesses)where 2A Rights are denied, for their targets.

Guns are INANIMATE TOOLS that are sometimes used by VIOLENT PERSONS usually against unprotected, innocent people. The perps are usually well known to law enforcement & the judiciary as they are regularly rotated thru the system & released back out into society to expand THEIR DANGEROUS PURSUITS.

Condemning the tool (rather than the perp) is crazy talk... but such is today's society...!!!

(Northampton County)

There's been plenty of drugs going around since the 60s and we didn't have the mass violence we have now. I don't see any relationship between gay marriage/religion and an escalation in violence either. I don't GAF if 2 adults of the same gender want to get married and I don't care if someone is Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Wiccan, agnostic, atheist, whatever. None of those things preclude someone from being a good person. Agree 100% that it's a societal problem though. Lack of empathy, difficulty communicating, extreme conflict avoidance (to the point where many feel ignored, frustrated, etc.), helicopter parenting, lack of personal responsibility, the societal condemnation of people for judging others for their actions (no matter how heinous those actions may be), etc. In some twisted, failed attempt to right the wrongs of the past society has doomed the future.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    There's been plenty of drugs going around since the 60s and we didn't have the mass violence we have now. I don't see any relationship between gay marriage/religion and an escalation in violence either. I don't GAF if 2 adults of the same gender want to get married and I don't care if someone is Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Wiccan, agnostic, atheist, whatever. None of those things preclude someone from being a good person. Agree 100% that it's a societal problem though. Lack of empathy, difficulty communicating, extreme conflict avoidance (to the point where many feel ignored, frustrated, etc.), helicopter parenting, lack of personal responsibility, the societal condemnation of people for judging others for their actions (no matter how heinous those actions may be), etc. In some twisted, failed attempt to right the wrongs of the past society has doomed the future.

Not party drugs, drugs for ADHD and other bs diagnoses where these kids have been forced to grow up on daily doses of powerful psychoactive chemicals which have done who knows what to their developing brains over time.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

There's a strong statistical correlation between ship passengers getting into lifeboats, and their ships sinking shortly afterwards.

Clearly, the problem is the lifeboats. Ban lifeboats, save lives.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Not party drugs, drugs for ADHD and other bs diagnoses where these kids have been forced to grow up on daily doses of powerful psychoactive chemicals which have done who knows what to their developing brains over time.
    ^^^^ This is the untold story. SSRI’s have been used by young males in a good number of mass shootings. The news won’t report it, because 70% of news revenue comes from big pharma. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Who knows, but there are multiple ongoing reports of young men going off SSRI medicine because they realized the medicine was causing very dark thoughts.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12