Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: All metal 9mm recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    CZ75 Compact in black.

Sarzilmaz makes CZ clones that are excellent. The P8S is a 3.8" ported barrel stainless compact with a full length grip.

https://www.familyfirearms.com/produ...k-polymer-grip

KY Gun Co had them in stock last week.

https://www.kygunco.com/product/sar-...mpact-9mm-17rd
    Are these as reliable as say a beretta 92 or Glock? Never heard of this brand before.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Are these as reliable as say a beretta 92 or Glock? Never heard of this brand before.
    They're licensed copies of the CZ75. They run well and I haven't seen or heard of any problems. I have three of their pistols, two of them have steel slides with polymer frames. They're all extremely accurate.

Frames, slides, and barrels are all hammer forged steel, besides the polymer framed models of course. Their production facilities and CNC machining processes are some of the best in the industry.

They don't have the marketplace driven support that Glock and Beretta do but they're interchangeable and compatible with a lot of CZ stuff.

I think they're great, especially for what they cost. The prices have gone up the last few years but sometimes you can get them ridiculously cheap. My K2 all steel .45 was $480 and CDNN had them for $375 a few years later. I should have gotten another one, it's a beast. The full size and compact 75 based nines I have, were both in the $220s.

Last year they had the Sar9 polymer going for like $200 with a $75? rebate. I should have picked one up. I shot a fellow POOFER's and it's a tack driver, and feels great in your hand.

The Turks make great pistols, but I stay as far away from their ammo as I can.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    They're licensed copies of the CZ75. They run well and I haven't seen or heard of any problems. I have three of their pistols, two of them have steel slides with polymer frames. They're all extremely accurate.

Frames, slides, and barrels are all hammer forged steel, besides the polymer framed models of course. Their production facilities and CNC machining processes are some of the best in the industry.

They don't have the marketplace driven support that Glock and Beretta do but they're interchangeable and compatible with a lot of CZ stuff.

I think they're great, especially for what they cost. The prices have gone up the last few years but sometimes you can get them ridiculously cheap. My K2 all steel .45 was $480 and CDNN had them for $375 a few years later. I should have gotten another one, it's a beast. The full size and compact 75 based nines I have, were both in the $220s.

Last year they had the Sar9 polymer going for like $200 with a $75? rebate. I should have picked one up. I shot a fellow POOFER's and it's a tack driver, and feels great in your hand.

The Turks make great pistols, but I stay as far away from their ammo as I can.
    I ordered the Sar P8S stainless to try, it was $520 from Locked and Loaded.

If it's as reliable as my Sig P320, I'd consider it for my EDC. Like I said I never heard of this brand so was a little worried about durability/reliability.
    How many rounds do you have through yours? Any issues at all?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    I ordered the Sar P8S stainless to try, it was $520 from Locked and Loaded.

If it's as reliable as my Sig P320, I'd consider it for my EDC. Like I said I never heard of this brand so was a little worried about durability/reliability.
    How many rounds do you have through yours? Any issues at all?
    Only problem I ever had with any of them, was a sticky firing pin on the K2 .45. A few swipes with a worn out .22 bore brush in the pin hole fixed that. It's a tack driver that feels like a 9mm because of it's mass. Everyone who's shot it, loves it.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Wayne County)

I'm not complaining, but why are these SAR USA guns so low priced compared to say a Beretta? Cheaper labor in Turkey?

(Bucks County)

Notoriety and overhead probably. CZ's were also dirt cheap 20-25 years ago.

(Wayne County)

Something that came to mind, will the ported barrel of the P8S reduce velocity of the 9mm round? Never had a ported barrel before, I know it helps a little with recoil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12