Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Windsor, Vermont, Mt Carmel & Elysburg, PA, Vermont

Default Re: Hunting PA with a semi-auto???

zr700:
    Sorry that you became the target of Poonie's bad day. PAFOA is full of great people with vast knowledge about firearm issues, AND a few angry people. Please stay active with PAFOA, shrug off the nasty and unnecessary response you received, and have a good, safe time hunting in PA. It's probably best in the long run not to stretch the semi-auto definition, rather, work toward getting another type of action for hunting. Stay strong and keep your questions coming. Shrubdog.
    only connect...

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubdog View Post
    zr700:
    Sorry that you became the target of Poonie's bad day. PAFOA is full of great people with vast knowledge about firearm issues, AND a few angry people. Please stay active with PAFOA, shrug off the nasty and unnecessary response you received, and have a good, safe time hunting in PA. It's probably best in the long run not to stretch the semi-auto definition, rather, work toward getting another type of action for hunting. Stay strong and keep your questions coming. Shrubdog.
    Its ok I was going to respond, but I figured I would no waste my time. It was only a topic of conversation. I will BUY a bolt 22. I have only hunted for deer with a bow or a handgun. The reason I got the 10-22 is its cheap fun, and the kids can shoot it till there big enough for the AR. Did I say AR... Oh no another evil-semi!

(Blair County)

It’s hard to make the 10/22 a single shot. Some others, like the SKS can be made single shot by replacing the gas system with dummy parts. The 10/22 is a simple blow-back action with no easy way to defeat the system. To Bad!

Steve

So semi auto are illegal for groundhogs too?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by hower610 View Post
    So semi auto are illegal for groundhogs too?
    Yup. Another idiotic Pa. game law.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Washington County)

have never really understood why this is if cap is limited anyway i mean you can work a lever or pump pretty darn fast but then they allow semi shottys wtf i put slugs in it and a slug barrel and it kinda a semi rifle i just dont see the point

(Montgomery County)

To a bunch of you, I'm gonna come off like the bad guy, but I look at this law as "one asshole ruins it for everyone".
    Sure, there are guys that can work a pump or lever gun almost as fast as a semi, but what can they do, issue a 5 count rule for cycling?
    As for capacity, there would be guys with 1 rnd. sleds, or limited rnd. mags, but there's always that 1 asshole that's gonna bring a 30 rnd. mag and dump it in the general direction of something moving, or the wind blowing.
    I know most of you are thinking "I wouldn't do that" Congratulations!! You're not the asshole that ruins it for everyone! But unfortunately you have to suffer with the rest of us in PA because of that dick.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to pop a few groundhogs with my AR, or even take a white tail with a home built AK, and I'd have no problem plugging a mag, or loading 1 at a time, but it's illegal because of the possibility of that 1 asshole.
    I usually only hunt during bow season because of some of the dumbasses out there during rifle season. For example, about 14 years ago I got lucky by not getting dead when I came into a large clearing and a nice sized buck was moving across from my right. The only darks spots on me while I'm on the hunt are my boots, and maybe gloves, everything else is blaze orange.
    I saw a little orange blob on the other side of the clearing maybe 200 yds away slowly rise, and then open fire on the now spooked buck. 4 shots were fired as this buck crossed between this rediculously poor shot and myself, while I hugged dirt as fast as I could. I stayed face in the dirt for what felt like hours, and never heard footsteps, so I can only assume that the guy somehow didn't see me and the deer never fell, or he was too fucking scared I was hit.

I know it it's a bit of a rambling, but it's about 1 asshole that ruined it for me.

What I'd like to see (not that it would ever happen) is for all of PA hunters to band together and resist the urge to hunt altogether for 2 years... even 1 year.
    Let the huntable critter population grow out of control.
    Start a Hunters Commission, or union, or whatever the hell you want to call it.
    Offer to negotiate.

(Luzerne County)

Sorry, ain't buyin' it for two reasons:
    1) I have a serious problem with laws that punish everyone but the "asshole". They accomplish nothing.
    2) Coming originally from a state that allows semi's the accident rate was no higher than Pa.'s

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Westmoreland County)

my new pa deer rifle ................

CTD can SMD

(Delaware County)

Old thread. In the interest of curiosity, would you care to elaborate?

Looks like some kind of pump devise, am I correct?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast