Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Appears to be a handy little device.

Appears to be a handy little device.

AA-12 Gauge Shotgun

Military Police Systems recently unveiled a must-have weapon in the current CQB environment. The company out of Piney Flats,
    Tennessee has come out with a unique selectable (via a unique trigger) 12-gauge shotgun called the Auto Assault 12 Automatic Shotgun or AA-12 Automatic Shotgun. The AA name originally stood for "Atchisson Assault" after the original inventor but has been changed since Military Police Systems purchased the rights to the unique weapon.

The weapon utilizes a constant recoil system that reduces recoil by 90% as compared to a traditional 12 gauge shotgun. The reduction in
    recoil is the primary reason that this shotgun can be fired effectively in the automatic mode. With little or no barrel rise, this weapon is a monster when clearing rooms! The weapon will
    definitely become a force multiplier with its ease of operation and massive firepower in both the law enforcement and military arenas.

Technical Data -

* Caliber - 12 Gauge (2 3/4" Shells)
    * Rate of Fire - 300 Rounds per minute/fires a 20 round drum in about 4 seconds
    * Operations - Long Stroke Gas Piston with constant recoil
    * Length - 33 Inches with 13 Inch Barrel (same size as an M4 with
    stock Extended). 38 Inches with 18 Inch Barrel
    * Weight - 10.0 lbs with 13 Inch Barrel. 10.5 lbs with 18 Inch Barrel
    * Feeding Device - 8 round magazine, 20 round drum magazine, 40 round drum magazine (in development)
    * Safety - Thumb Safety
    * Sights - Front: Protected Post which is adjustable for Elevation.
    Rear: Protected Ring which is adjustable for W/E.
    * Stock - Glass filled nylon available in: Urban Grey, Desert Tan, Olive, Drab, Black, and Various other Camouflage Patterns
    * Finish - Matte Stainless Steel
    * Made of corrosion resistant, high impact, heat-treated stainless steels and high-impact plastics
    * Low Maintenance - During a Blackwater shoot, 5000 ROUNDS were fired through a single weapon WITHOUT cleaning or a drop of Lube.

What is Constant Recoil? - When the weapon's gun bolt is cycling a round, a gas system absorbs most of the shock and energy, about 80%
    of the total recoil. The weapon also has a very strong recoil spring that absorbs another 10% of the recoil. The result is a weapon that cycles efficiently and effortlessly while transferring 10% of the recoil of a normal 12 gauge to the shooter!
    The Video - See this monster in action being fired with both magazines and the 20 round drum.

Notice the system explained above and how the weapon is stable and has virtually no barrel rise.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHmIUQ6_QE&NR
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Erie County)

Default Re: Appears to be a handy little device.

I remember someone posting that on arfcom awhile ago. I thought that was the USAS12. Sure looks like it.

(Bucks County)

whoa!

sweeeeeeeeeeet!

I know what I want for Christmas!!

(Allegheny County)

Does anyone remember a similar drum (basically recoil-less) shotgun that was made back in the early 80's in Ridgway, PA. The name of the gun escapes me right now, but I thought the guns were rendered illegal and taken off the market?? Oh, damn, I wish I could remember what they were called.

(Erie County)

Guess I was wrong, sure looks quite similiar to a USAS 12

(AA 12 patent sketch)

Does anyone remember a similar drum (basically recoil-less) shotgun that was made back in the early 80's in Ridgway, PA. The name of the gun escapes me right now, but I thought the guns were rendered illegal and taken off the market?? Oh, damn, I wish I could remember what they were called.
    The USAS 12 was made by Gilbert Equipment Co. Not sure where they are located but they started making them in the 1980s in South Korea by Daewoo since Gilbert didn't have manufacturing systems. Of course they are NFA DDs so they were harder to buy. I've only seen 1 for sale over the years.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by st.marys View Post
    I just remembered....it was called the "Street Sweeper"

(Erie County)

Oh wow, I didn't realize that was made here in PA. I know Cobray sells the kits still.

DAO-12

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/SH09-E.HTM

bogey1 has one, he posted pictures of it in the pictures thread. Bogey's picture below

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by st.marys View Post
    I just remembered....it was called the "Street Sweeper"
    No, it was called the Striker 12 and was made by Penn Arms. Penn Arms still makes some 37mm and 40mm launchers.

The "Street Sweeper" was Cobray's knock off of the Striker 12. The Street Sweeper was not as well made as the Striker 12. I know 2 guys who worked for Penn Arms at the time. One told me he was proof testing both guns and the Street Sweeper came apart on him.

Both are classified as DD's now.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bloomautomatic View Post
    No, it was called the Striker 12 and was made by Penn Arms. Penn Arms still makes some 37mm and 40mm launchers.

The "Street Sweeper" was Cobray's knock off of the Striker 12. The Street Sweeper was not as well made as the Striker 12. I know 2 guys who worked for Penn Arms at the time. One told me he was proof testing both guns and the Street Sweeper came apart on him.

Both are classified as DD's now.

Vince

Thanks for the clarification...is Penn Arms still in operation today in Punxatawney?
    Last edited by st.marys; March 20th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast