Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default building a custom stock for a mossberg plinkster702 .22

i want to do a custom stock for my plinkster to make it look more different than a plinkster here are some parts i was looking at on ebay. this is a project for my girlfirends plinkster so it isnt as "boring" as a stock plinkster i find it to be a greatly accurate gun i cant think of what scope i have on it but it goes from i tihnk 2x-9x magnification cost like $50 it can hit a quater at 50yards 8 out of 10 times

but i would like to make it almost look like a AR

a problem we have is i had to cut down the stock for her and made it 2" shorter so she could shoot it comfortably and now i cant shoot it comfortably

here is the parts list

adjustable gun stock with pistol grip

Quad Rail For a 10/22

the quad rail im woundering if anybody knows how this is mounted would i be able to make it work for my plinkster? does it just mount to the barrel?

Clamp on Bipod

what should i make the stock out of? i was thinking wood would be the best and then just stain/paint it black and many layers of a clear coat but im new to this kinda stuff could somone point me in the right dirrection.

also i can only find 10rd mags for this gun and read on another forum that someone told the to modify some 10/22 mags to fit it does anybody here know how to do that also?

where would i find wood to do the carving relatively cheap?

do you think i would be able to attach the pistol grip/ stock to the gun with the rest being wood?
    Last edited by xXWildPonyXx; November 20th, 2008 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: building a custom stock for a mossberg plinkster702 .22

ok got bored and played with photoshop and this is what i came up with looks like i might be able to use the existing stock and just modify it but wont know till i get the parts. it looks like the pistol grip/adjustable stock would fit pretty good with little modding. i put the quad rail on and wasnt sure how good that looked i dont tihnk im mounting lasers/ another scope/ flashlights or anytihng else so i dont tihnk i need it. and that is similar to the scope i have now i wish i woulda got black :-)

my other question is , is it legal to do this i am pretty sure it is i have even see people drop these things into airsoft cases so they look like ak's p90 mp5 and many others.

i was told that as long as i dont modify the barrel or the inner workings i will be ok. is this true?

mine has the black barrel also it isnt the silver barrel so it'll be all black

stock plinkster