Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default No one comments on OC in clothing store, but hunting store says no?

I was out last night trying to pick up some new khakis for work, and I was in a fairly busy clothing retail store, still wearing my office attire of black suit pants, a button down striped dress shirt and shows, and OC'ing my PT940.

I was in the clothing store for a good 45 minutes, with a few looks, but no one seemed to really care.

After, my buddy and I headed over to a Gander Mountain so that he could take a look at a few Glocks. Within 5 minutes of being in the store, I was told I had to cover it up because it "freaks people out." It's a hunting/firearm store! I wonder if folks older than myself (I'm 21) get told this as well, or if my age was a factor.

I remembered why I don't OC too often, but oh well. Just thought I'd share.

Jesse

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: No one comments on OC in clothing store, but hunting store says no?

Quote Originally Posted by T34418L31 View Post
    I was out last night trying to pick up some new khakis for work, and I was in a fairly busy clothing retail store, still wearing my office attire of black suit pants, a button down striped dress shirt and shows, and OC'ing my PT940.

I was in the clothing store for a good 45 minutes, with a few looks, but no one seemed to really care.

After, my buddy and I headed over to a Gander Mountain so that he could take a look at a few Glocks. Within 5 minutes of being in the store, I was told I had to cover it up because it "freaks people out." It's a hunting/firearm store! I wonder if folks older than myself (I'm 21) get told this as well, or if my age was a factor.

Jesse

The majority of gun shops and sporting goods stores I've been into around Pittsburgh prefer to have a firearm concealed. It's their store, their rules.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Mercer County)

Jesse
    I would have just walked out of Gander Mountain and voted with my $$$ that I would never purchase another item from that chain.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    The majority of gun shops and sporting goods stores I've been into around Pittsburgh prefer to have a firearm concealed. It's their store, their rules.
    My money, I walk and they get none of it

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I fully understand that it's private property. I just find it ironic and absurd.

(Allegheny County)

I've OC'd at the Gander Mountain in Moon Twp/Robinson area on more than one occasion. Never anything said. Guess it all depends on the employee at the time.

Also wanted to mention (to clarify,) that this not a negative post, per se'. I would still recommend the store as they have always been helpful to me. I was just sharing a story.

I feel like I've always been treated like an equal in this store, unlike at Anthony Arms in West Mifflin, where I'm treated like a lepper. I would never recommend anyone to there for anything.

(Allegheny County)

I and a friend OC'd at Pittsburgh Mills without incident--until we got to Dicks. We stopped at the ammo counter, and seconds after leaving the guy behind the counter was on the phone, speaking rapidly and shooting us angry looks.

(Allegheny County)

I fully understand that it's private property. I just find it ironic and absurd.
    I completely agree. I never shop there, the prices are lower every where else I look.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(York County)

It is rather strange. The places where I have recieved the most gruff have been the ones that I expected the least amount of problems.

Dave
    3%

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast