Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default I rescued a kitten from a can...

This was tues and I was driving home from checking traps. There's this house by the road on one road that always has cats running around. I am going around the corner, and there's an oncomimg pickup and the people wave to me, but I don't know who they are, but they were friendly, so ok. However they just passed a kitten on the side of the road that had its head stuck in a cat food can ( the big long kind), and did not bother to stop and help it! So here I am, the big fox killer, stopping and putting the "blinkies" on and rushing out to assist this poor little kitty. I actually thought the other truck had hit it, as when I first saw it, it was flopping all around, but then I saw the can.

Oh yeah and I had a dead fox in the back of the truck, but it had mange so don't feel bad for it, I put it out of its misery.

Anyway, I am hoping the kitten rescue gives me something positive ( like more taxidermy work, or maybe a coyote in one of my traps? I'd love to catch my first coyote...and getting rid of a coyote saves little kittens too LOL)
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Clarion County)

Smile Re: I rescued a kitten from a can...

Why Mizzzzzzz. Coyote , a large warm sweet heart beats in that little trapper
    body of your's ! And it's good carma comeing your way . May your traps runneth over ! You take care of your bad little self and have a wonderful
    up-comeing holidays !!! According to asian myth ,you now own a kitty !

(Union County)

Default Re: I rescued a kitten from a can...

So what did you do w/ the can?
    Girls, Guns and Gears......What more could you ask for in life?!

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: I rescued a kitten from a can...

They are great as stir-fry! JUST KIDDING !!

(Lawrence County)

I KIIIIIIINDA came along the same situation one day... at first i saw a kitten stuck in a medium mc donalds paper cup, then upon further inspection, i saw it was actually a SKUNK!!!! A momma skunk at that. This skunk was flapping all over the road, obviously because it didn't know where it was, with three little skunk babies balling behind her.

The difference in stories here is, i didn't get out to help the momma skunk with her problem.... didn't feel like getting a face full of WHAT THE F*CK!!!!! I went back to the spot where i saw her after work though and saw a mc d's paper cup on the other side of the road, and no skunk... so i assume someone else had more balls than i did that day.

Moral of the story you ask??? there ISN'T one... so take that!

good save though coyote! Carma headed to you! (away from me )
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

+1

we have two cats that I rescued.... nothing as spectacular as that story. Got them pardoned from the Humane Society.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Yeah I should have taken the can home and shot at it LOL

Eww no way I would get a skunk out of a bag or pull its head from a can or cup! Speaking of skunks, one time a sick one was stumbling around in daylight and it went to the neighbors, so I called over there, and one of the women came out with a .22 pistol and she shot that SOB at something like 10-15 yards and hit it in the head! It didn't spray either, usually head shot skunks spray all over, but I guess it was so weak, its body was already part shut down, and the normal reflexes didn't work. I saw it had little tumors on it and a big infected thing on 1 foot.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lebanon County)

Sounds like a good pet with everything rich in character.