Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Oaks Show Feb 10 -12?

What's the powder and primer situation? I could use a few more ammo cans, but I don't have a lot of time, and the entry fee is kind of a turn off.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I didn't go to Oaks when it was $13 either. I find it obnoxious to pay $15 to go look at a bunch of stuff that I may not even buy. I've heard vendors grumble in the past that the tables are pretty pricey too, I don't know if that's still true or not. Not sure where the money's going, but if it's just a matter that the Expo Center charges too much money to rent the space, the promoters need to find a cheaper venue.
    Imagine the utility bill for that place. FJB
    FJB

(Chester County)

I'm sure Eagle Arms doesn't run gun shows as a hobby. They want to make money after all expenses so I'm ok with the 15 entrance fee. It is the biggest and most frequent show in the area by far! You can see a lot of stuff that the local gun shops don't always have. Plus, it's a big FU to all the anti's!

(Berks County)

Eagle Arms doesn't own it any more, it's owned by one of the companies that sells the 80% pistols and I'm sure they have their bills to pay, as does any new owner. However, I seem to recall that show being $10 in the not too distant past. I don't know if it made a stop at $12 or $13 but $15 is a 50% increase in entrance fees over $10. I don't care who you are, that's a pinch. If you're just going there to get a couple or a few ammo cans or just to look around and not buy anything, it can be a deterrent and I wouldn't fault anyone for feeling that way. Save $20 on a brick of ammo? Not really, you had to go there to get it and pay $15 to get in. Same with anything else you want to buy. And of course it's different if you're buying a high priced article of some sort. You could almost say the same about that hard to find item but how do you feel after adding $15 to the price of it?

Another venue is probably not as easy as it sounds, I don't think there are many, if any. The same guy owns the Expo Center and the building in Morgantown and I'd be plenty happy if he jockeyed some of his cars around and they just held the show there. It's about equidistant for me but the locale is preferable. Back when MONTCO denied the privilege of having the show in Oaks, I contacted Berks County's people and suggested that they reach out to the show's management and find them a suitable place, which would probably have to be around Reading but nothing came of it.

It turns out, one of my amigos is going so I'll tag along and cropdust the place this afternoon.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

You going to smell like BACON again

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbspedy View Post
    You going to smell like BACON again
    LOL I don't think so...it was a mushroom, ham and cheese omelet this morning.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Eagle Arms doesn't own it any more, it's owned by one of the companies that sells the 80% pistols and I'm sure they have their bills to pay, as does any new owner. However, I seem to recall that show being $10 in the not too distant past. I don't know if it made a stop at $12 or $13 but $15 is a 50% increase in entrance fees over $10. I don't care who you are, that's a pinch. If you're just going there to get a couple or a few ammo cans or just to look around and not buy anything, it can be a deterrent and I wouldn't fault anyone for feeling that way. Save $20 on a brick of ammo? Not really, you had to go there to get it and pay $15 to get in. Same with anything else you want to buy. And of course it's different if you're buying a high priced article of some sort. You could almost say the same about that hard to find item but how do you feel after adding $15 to the price of it?

Another venue is probably not as easy as it sounds, I don't think there are many, if any. The same guy owns the Expo Center and the building in Morgantown and I'd be plenty happy if he jockeyed some of his cars around and they just held the show there. It's about equidistant for me but the locale is preferable. Back when MONTCO denied the privilege of having the show in Oaks, I contacted Berks County's people and suggested that they reach out to the show's management and find them a suitable place, which would probably have to be around Reading but nothing came of it.

It turns out, one of my amigos is going so I'll tag along and cropdust the place this afternoon.
    Well said. I partially didn't go to the recent Trevose show because it's $10 for 150 tables. At least for $15 there are 1500 or more tables.

(Bucks County)

Not a bad show if you like Caniks, Rock Islands and Glocks...surprised at a decent amount of HKs and Sigs there was. Lots of shotguns and an increase in Beef Jerry vendors.

I just bought a few odds and ends.

(Berks County)

Show report: My dogs are tired, my age and weight are taking their toll on this old guy. Got there around 1130 and it was crowded. Timing was good though, as up front parking spots were opening up and we got one. I didn't see the guy selling the Pakistani AK shotguns and ammo so I don't know what happened there. Ammo cans @$12/ea weren't all that beat up and the insides were clean. Got two of them and a partial box of spent .338s. One guy has four boxes he wants $1 a round for and he got insulted when I offered him $.55. $1/ea for spent brass is just too much for me yet. Only one pickle stand this round and at $2/ea for pepper shooters, I got none. Plenty of Glocks for sale but I didn't see a single, solitary H&K this round. Saw some expensive powder and saw some cheap powder. Primers are available but prices are still a little high.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Not a bad show if you like Caniks, Rock Islands and Glocks...surprised at a decent amount of HKs and Sigs there was. Lots of shotguns and an increase in Beef Jerry vendors.

I just bought a few odds and ends.
    Where'd you see the H&Ks at?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast