Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Any recomendations for a rifle range near Philadelphia

I am looking for a good rifle range within and hours drive of Philadelphia. I have checked out the web sites for several such as Langhorne Rod and Gun Club, Wiccan, Atglen and Southern Chester County. I was wondering if anyone had personal experiance with any of the above, such as how active or busy they are, magazine limits, EBR friendly etc:
    Any and all information would be welcomed.
    Last edited by Driver400; November 19th, 2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Corrected some info

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Any recomendations for a rifle range near Philadelphia

Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

I have been a guest there several times. Nicest outdoor range I've ever been to. I've never seen range-monkeys there, always respectable people who know what they are doing.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

I belong to Southern Chester County. Has three rifle (50, 75 and 100yds) and two pistol ranges (15 and 25) plus indoor archery range. Go to website for more info.

http://www.sccsfa.org/

Must belong to NRA. Very few limitations and the best time to go is during the week. Since it is not a public range, you generally won't have to deal with anyone not familiar with gun safety. No magazine limits. I have seen full auto being used, but not sure if special permission needed. About an hour drive from phila airport. Atglen is another 30 to 45 minutes longer drive, but their rifle range goes out to at least 500 yds (maybe further, I was only there once 12 years ago)

Hope this helps.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm a member at Holmesburg Fish and Game. Nice outdoor rifle, trap and pistol range. They also have indoor small bore rifle range. Check it out www.holmesburgfishandgame.com

(Philadelphia County)

Angry Re: Any recomendations for a rifle range near Philadelphia

Went to Holmesburg years ago with a friend who wanted me to join. Very semi-auto rifle unfriendly. Had to load all revolvers and pistols with only 5 rounds. Was firing a Sig P220 at 25yrs at about 1 round a second and dropping them right in the ten ring. Was then told no rapid fire. Last time I ever went. By the way when I went I was not a newby shooter. Already had NRA certifications for rifle, pistol, and shotgun instructor and was active duty Philly cop.