Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Robar Alloy Xtreme

Has anyone seen or fired one of these? CCF has been offering the lowers for quite some time, but this is the first I've seen of a full gun being offered from a custom shop.

I was vaguely interested, at first, when I read about them in AH and CH, except for two points.

First, Robar wants about $1400 per. That said, I'm not totally turned off if it delivers. I mean, it's overpriced, but I've spent way more than that on 1911s. Custom slide, lower, sights, match barrel, grip inserts, etc. figured in and it isn't silly except in comparison to a regular Glock at less than $500. Sure, it's interesting, sure, it's sorta unique. And you might even be able to sneak one of the aluminum ones into SSP (it meets weight, at almost 30oz, and it is stock from the factory (after all it isn't really a Glock)) if Robar sells more than 2000 a year.

Second, and the kicker for me is the statement in CH (Feb. 2009) that the author experienced "three extraction failures." And "intermittent failures to lock the slide open on the last round fired." And "two misfires" resulting from the "trigger not fully resetting on the recoil." That's ten kinds of not cool, so to speak. $1400 for a gun that's supposed to be an improvement on a gun that is legendary for being damned near mechanically perfect at $500 per? Why would I pay $900 more to screw up something that works? The whole point of the exercise is perfect reliability in a package that is heavier, with a slightly better trigger pull, and for pretty much the sole purpose of converting anti-polymer types or to game IDPA?

And to hear a gun rag as notoriously whoreish as CH bring up a fault (given, it's CH and it's not a 1911, so I'm not that surprised, but still) in a new gun? That's stunning to me.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Robar Alloy Xtreme

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

A couple of days ago, I was literally getting ready to go to the bank to arrange a cashier's check for the deposit on a Robar Alloy Extreme, when I came across your comments. Your quote from 'CH (February 2009)' brought me up short. I gather that 'CH' means 'Combat Handguns Magazine'? Is that right?

I've looked around several local (Cincinnati) newstands for 'Combat Handguns' but haven't found it. I did locate a magazine called 'Custom Combat Handguns', which had a review of the Robar AX, but that review was - like the others - totally positive, and raved about the gun.

Is it possible for you to post contact info for 'CH' magazine, so I could phone or email the publisher to buy that particular issue? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

(Delaware County)

Brian Enos Forum - CCF Frames Anyone Really Happy? - Poll/thread

The CCF frames seem to be hit or miss.

If you want an aftermarket barrel, it has to be from CCF, or it will need gunsmithing. Steel or tungsten guide rods will damage the frame. Not as plug-and-play as a Glock frame.

Robar may take care of any problems you may have, but I ain't buying one.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.