Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: "Civil penalty" for passing a school bus, 75 PaCS § 3345.1

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Shitty schedules (2hrs AM and 2 PM), under constant scrutiny, walked on by feral yutes, leave one sleeping in the back seat and go to jail are just a few of the perks of the job.
    Newer buses around here have an alarm in the back of the bus that has to be physically deactivated by the driver when he shuts the bus off, so the driver has to walk to the rear of the bus, making it harder to overlook any sleeping kids.
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Newer buses around here have an alarm in the back of the bus that has to be physically deactivated by the driver when he shuts the bus off, so the driver has to walk to the rear of the bus, making it harder to overlook any sleeping kids.
    That would do it. Alternatively, I have seen signs taped to the back window that say that the bus has been checked for sleeping yutes. Funny thing is I don't recall that being a problem back in my days.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    That would do it. Alternatively, I have seen signs taped to the back window that say that the bus has been checked for sleeping yutes. Funny thing is I don't recall that being a problem back in my days.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Some routes kids are on the bus for an hour or more. When our kids were going to public school, around 1st/2nd grade, they would get picked up mid route at 7am and not make it to school till 8am. The school is less than 3miles away.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Some routes kids are on the bus for an hour or more. When our kids were going to public school, around 1st/2nd grade, they would get picked up mid route at 7am and not make it to school till 8am. The school is less than 3miles away.
    No wonder parents just drive their kids to school. I don't remember anything like that back in my days but my neighbor reports such rides for their kid.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    There's a very simple solution. Eliminate publicly funded school buses and require parents to get their kids to school.
    One wealthy school district near me did this many years ago to avoid integration. Built a bunch of schools and everyone walks or is dropped off.

Had a classmate back in HS that drove past a stopped school bus. This was in the 80's. Fine and lost license for a year. No contest.

School buses stop up and down my street. They all pretty much ride the middle of the road. After watching people speed up and down my street I get why they do it but idiots will be idiots so not sure it's helpful.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    In HS I lived in rural Indiana, I rode the bus close to an hour each way, not a big deal. Kids would sleep but we woke them up when they needed to get off the bus, sometimes it was with a loud noise or by throwing something at them, but they were awakened. Same as above, If I rode my motorcycle or got a ride straight to school it was only a 7 mile or 10 minute drive, but the bus route was much longer and we were one of the first stops in the morning and last stops on the way home. Good and bad, good because we had choice of seat, bad because we were on the bus longest.
    The Hostler

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    There is a bus that stops at three streets about 200yrds apart from each other near me.
    I've been behind a school bus that stopped at 5 homes in a row. There aren't any school bus stops in Harborcreek.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567