Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default traveling to upstate NY

Was curious what the laws are on traveling to Upstate NY with a handgun???? Is it hard or easy to get a non resident carry license there????

(Pike County)

Default Re: traveling to upstate NY

New York doesn't give non resident permits, very few exceptions allowed. Bringing a hand gun into Coumoland would land you in jail if you get stopped by a cop.

Better to go to the Keystone state where there is still some freedom left then travel to Nanny state New York.

(Centre County)

what indiandave said.
    NY don't give a rats ass about any other state's permit, Not allow none resident's foundemental rights to protect themself.

And truth be told, our brathern behind enemy line would be lucky, if they gets keep a water pistol by the time Cuomo and Bloomberg are done with them.

I cross line to communist territory now and then, because my wife and I are originaly from upstate NY, defected to PA about 10 years ago, and I hate every minute i have to spend up there.

One of my NY friend wants me to go hunting/target plinking with him, but I can't take anything I have to NY, except my 10/22, and I believe my Mosin Nagan M44 is still legal up there(You have to have 2 of evil features to be considered as Assault weapon, correct?), but no pistols, or anything else I have is legal up there.
    And frankly, I'm afraid to even take my legal guns up there, because who knowz?

With that being said, I get my 5.56 XM193, and Speer Gold dot 45acp from him, as his wife is a police officer, and she can gets her hand on the department surplus CHEAP(I got 200rds of XM193 and 100rd of Golddot for $60 on my recent trip up there)
    Last edited by Mity2; January 6th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    And truth be told, our brathern behind enemy line would be lucky, if they gets keep a water pistol by the time Cuomo and Bloomberg are done with them.
    We are putting up a hell of a fight up here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I believe my Mosin Nagan M44 is still legal up there(You have to have 2 of evil features to be considered as Assault weapon, correct?)
    Yeah that's good to go.

To the OP, yeah don't bring any handguns into NY. NY doesn't have non resident permits either so in order to get a permit here you'd have to live here (for the most part). All this info goes for outside of NYC which has it's own totally separate and more retarded rules.