Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Deer Processing

Default Deer Processing

If you guys are anywhere near Quakertown Fredericks meats does a great job. I'm not sure if they will butcher your deer, I think you need to to bring them the clean boneless meat. I had garlic ring bologna made and it is awesome. They do sausage, ground meat, Jerky not sure what else. They are in the Q-mart near entrance 23. Fredericks is the best butcher around. Their number is 215-538-1732 if any of you are interested. Even if you don't have a deer do yourself a favor and try the rings and the kielbasa. I don't work there or anything this guy is just really good.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Deer Processing

In the southwest, south of Pittsburgh.

I used to go to Joe's packing in South Fayette. He got involved in something that caused him to close shop. He was a butcher by trade.

I now frequent Kip's in Carnegie and S&S processing (which is about 1/2 mile from Joe's old place).

How about some other places guys?

27hopestovisitagainhand

(Allegheny County)

i process my own deer. i have the band saw, grinder, and smoker. it cost me about $400 for the whole setup, but the amount of money i saved in Butchers cost over the past three years has paid for itself 4 times over already.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Monroe County)

If you want to bring it in just field dressed in Lehigh/Berks, Watermans on Rt100
    215-679-6509
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Allegheny County)

I'll agree that Kip's is a great place to go in Allegheny County. I've never gotten a deer processed there, but my boss has. Over the summer, we ate some of the stuff Kip had done and I know I'll be taking my deer there this year if I get one. His deer hotdogs are the best I've ever had and I'm not just about deerdogs. Good choice!!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Deer Processing...Souderton Area?

This is my daughter's first season and mine in about 20yrs. If we are actually successful, I have no clue where to take one for processing.
    Are there any other processors, other than possibly Frederick's, in the Souderton or Green Lane areas?

(Delaware County)

If anyone in the southeast region near Delaware county needs a good place to take your deer for processing check out Stuff It Taxidermy in Aston (610-558-3508) or Glenolden (610-733-7509). Great people that can have your meat back to you quickly. Bill at the Aston location is who I deal with on a regular basis. Bill is a super nice guy that alos does some fine Taxidermy @ fair prices.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    i process my own deer. i have the band saw, grinder, and smoker. it cost me about $400 for the whole setup, but the amount of money i saved in Butchers cost over the past three years has paid for itself 4 times over already.
    +1 For that. So much cheaper and it tastes better when you do it yourself. I started doing my own after a buddy of mine got some bad meat back. Went back to the butcher who said that "I mix different deer together 'til I get a big batch, sometimes guys just don't take care of their deer correctly" Nope not anymore. And it really does not take that much time to do it. And you know you are getting your meat back.
    The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
    -Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

I haven't had the chance to use Kip's yet, but I did find their website with their hours, number, address, etc. http://kipsdeerprocessing.net