Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II Rifle Scope LRS

I just ordered a New Burris scope last week. It has an illuminated dot with crosshairs. Does anyone have one? I always wanted a burris since they were made in USA and have a forever warranty.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II Rifle Scope LRS

mornin yoder
    i sure wish someone would chime in here about the burris scope ....
    i too am thinking about getting one and would like some feed back, before i pull the trigger on one :^)....

any hoot have a great hunting season

swampdog58

(Chester County)

a friend of mine is a big fan of burris scopes.

(Perry County)

I dont have the Lighted reticle scope but I have a 4.5-16 and a 3-9 fullfield II
    on my rifles. I love these scopes and have had no problems with them at all. I have also converted a couple of my Leupold friends. As for looking through the Leupold and Burris we all came to the conclusion that the Burris has better light transmission but either scope is a good buy and I know the Burris has a lifetime warranty.
    "I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick some ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum." - Rowdy Roddy Piper

(Chester County)

i dont have that specific scope but i have a fullfield tactical II in 6.5-20x50mm and i love it

thats it on my recent 308 build, i also have another burris in 3-9x40mm but its not a fullfield AFAIK, its an alright scope though, nothing to write home to mom about...

(Wyoming County)

mornin to all

thanx for the feed back , i'm going to pull the trigger on a new fullfield II in
    3x9x40mm , it'll work on either a 222 or 243 or even my 300 wmag .....ummmm
    maybe 2 of them is in order ...(BIG SMILE) .
    thanx again

swampdog58

I got the scope last week and the illuminated reticle is unreal. It has ten different brightness settings. I haven't had time to put it on my rifle yet, but hopefully I'll get it done this week. The only real dissapointment was the Burris American made scope had a sticker made in the Phillipines which really pissed me off. One of the main reasons I bought it was they are supposedly made in the USA. Other than that I wish I would have bought one for all of my guns.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Sorry I got to this thread a little late. I was just about to say that Burris has been sold and rebought quite a few times now, and they are no longer "American made". Their older stuff was phenomenal for the money, their new stuff has quite a few competitors, but lots of people love their stuff. I haven't looked through any of their newer model scopes, but I've "heard" they've kind of been hit miss. Some models don't have great quality control or issues, and others are perfect and have no hiccups. I don't follow their stuff well enough to know which models give problems, etc, but I do hope that you have great luck. I've found different light settings on illuminated reticles to be quite helpful. I don't know what color the reticle is lit with, but realize that when you have the reticle lit, it can be seen if someone/animal is looking at your front objective. The whole objective looks like it's glowing. While this might not be a problem, if you were hunting an animal that could see green at night (spotlight or lowlight situation) this could be a problem. I know alot of animals can't see red, or over distance it's much harder to make out, but just something to be aware of.

(Berks County)

They make a great scope with the value vs. still greater than that of Leupold. Signature, Diamond, XTR, Handgun, etc are made Stateside.

Burris has been bought only once since in business and that's by Beretta few years ago.

Some Fullfield II models and all Timberline were/are made overseas to be more competitive, just like Leupold had done before Burris.

With the reticule on, look thru the objective and you'll 'see' it doesn't look like a red flashlight.

Umm, I've looked at plenty of lit reticles from a slight distance looking towards the objective. The greens especially stick out, but the reds on lower levels are much more difficult to see (especially from distance). I can't imagine what some of the blue ones would look like. From a ways off, and the right angle, the objective just magnifies the glow. The only ones that i haven't seen it as bad on, are the high end scopes. Either way, it doesn't matter too much because most people aren't gonna have these on a 2 way range, and animals aren't gonna see red. I only mentioned it so that the OP could be aware of the green, and how it could possibly be an issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast