Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Minimun age for open carry

Quote Originally Posted by Liketohike69 View Post
    I spoke to the Sheriff in Pike County about this very issue. He told me he would bring my daughter up on charges, From what I've read he's wrong and putting legal 18 year's no way to decent themselves. I also asked him about a Sportsman's Firearms Permit to allow the carrying of a handgun while going to or from fishing and hunting. He said if I was there and within sight of my daughter it would be ok otherwise he would arrest her.
    Pike County sucks as they do whatever they want to do. It's my understanding they stopped issuing carry permits to people from out of state. NOT Legal
    I think the appropriate response would be "what charges"? Not in a snarky way, but sincerely. Exactly what law does he think she would be breaking?
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Pike County)

I did ask what my daughter would be charged with if she open carried at 18 years old. He said a felony, cime punishable by imprisonment in excess of one year. He also said that she would never be able to get a carry permit and since I her father gave her the guy I would also be charged. From what I've seem in the corts in Pike County it's the "Good old boys club" and you can forget about a real trial.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Liketohike69 View Post
    I did ask what my daughter would be charged with if she open carried at 18 years old. He said a felony, cime punishable by imprisonment in excess of one year. He also said that she would never be able to get a carry permit and since I her father gave her the guy I would also be charged. From what I've seem in the corts in Pike County it's the "Good old boys club" and you can forget about a real trial.
    He didn't actually answer the question then. "A felony" isn't a particular crime, it's a broad category of crimes composed of thousands of offenses.

In order to charge her with a crime he would have to cite a particular part of the crimes code she violated. Crimes have specific elements which the state must prove before someone can be convicted. If you want to press the issue you should ask exactly which statute she would be charged with violating.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

I was 12 years old the first time I open carried. I was also covered in orange with my Dad. Does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Delaware County)

Without a LTCF your daughter should not be transporting a firearm to and from any location for the purpose of open carrying.

In PA you can only transport a firearm, without a LTCF, to and from residents owned by you/her, to and from a range and to and from a gun shop.

She should only be OC'ing at places she can get to on foot and shouldn't get into a vehicle.

Best regards,

Kobsw

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234