Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Buyer Beware! Clayton's hunting & range Horsham

Quote Originally Posted by ThreatCon72 View Post
    BUYER BEWARE! Tom the big Fatass owner is the most unprofessional man I've every met. I put a pistol on consignment last month and never heard anything. After almost 2 weeks, I called Tom and asked if there was any interest on my gun he just said "good bye" and hung up on me! I can understand people are busy but this is uncalled for. I went down to the store a few days later to take back my pistol because of the non communication and flat out rudeness. I walked in the store and didn't see my gun. The woman behind the counter said come back later because she does not know where it is!!!! I refused and advised her I want my gun back. 15 minutes later she finally finds it, she tells me it is on hold as of yesterday for someone that will buy it on Feb 10th. I advised her I was never called and asked if that was okay. She said they took a 500.00 deposit. I told her no deal and want my gun. I was told I need to talk to Fatass and he'll be in later. I called there later in the day. Tom got on the phone and was his nasty self and said I cant have the gun back and its on his books. I told him he never called to let me know about the deposit or the 2 weeks the guys wants. He said he don't do that. The called got heated and curses flew back and forth. Tom said something nasty and hung up on me! I called right back and no answer!! Wow, this is a guy with a FFL and a stick and brick store? I hope to get my money on the 10th, if not I will take Civil Actions on his crap hole gun store.

I've been dealing with Tom for over 5 years and never had anything this bad happen before. He's always been an asshat.

FYI: Gunsmith John Robinson now works for this low life. John does outstanding work. I'm sure he will be missed at Classic Pistol. Also, Ed is a straight shooter (another CP guy).

Ill post an update to let you all know what happened.

God bless the Republic!
    Show up with a police officer because that's theft. That gun is legally yours and if he doesn't give it back right now then he's stealing it. I've seen it done before at another shop and the gun was turned over. Trust me you'll get your gun back then. At the very least the $500 deposit should be yours to keep in the mean time. Get your gun back and put it in the classifieds here. Good luck.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: any info on Clayton's in Willow grove

Tom is the most ignorant fat ass person I have ever met, he thinks he is the only game in town when really he's not, I would go to that store all the time for archery and fishing stuff but since they don't really stock anything I go other places, and for the girl behind the counter every time I went there to buy a gun I walked out because of her, she thinks she knows everything about guns but really she's a stupid ignorant bi$@h, and for Ed I don't know if he's really a straight shooter I think he's full of a bunch of bs stories but I believe he is very knowledgable about guns and shooting he just needs to stop the wanna be commando act but he's the only person I will deal with there for guns, if you ever need any thing there talk to Tom jr he seems like a decent guy unlike his fat ass dad

(Berks County)

BUYER BEWARE! Tom the big Fatass owner is the most unprofessional man I've every met. I put a pistol on consignment last month and never heard anything. After almost 2 weeks, I called Tom and asked if there was any interest on my gun he just said "good bye" and hung up on me! I can understand people are busy but this is uncalled for. I went down to the store a few days later to take back my pistol because of the non communication and flat out rudeness. I walked in the store and didn't see my gun. The woman behind the counter said come back later because she does not know where it is!!!! I refused and advised her I want my gun back. 15 minutes later she finally finds it, she tells me it is on hold as of yesterday for someone that will buy it on Feb 10th. I advised her I was never called and asked if that was okay. She said they took a 500.00 deposit. I told her no deal and want my gun. I was told I need to talk to Fatass and he'll be in later. I called there later in the day. Tom got on the phone and was his nasty self and said I cant have the gun back and its on his books. I told him he never called to let me know about the deposit or the 2 weeks the guys wants. He said he don't do that. The called got heated and curses flew back and forth. Tom said something nasty and hung up on me! I called right back and no answer!! Wow, this is a guy with a FFL and a stick and brick store? I hope to get my money on the 10th, if not I will take Civil Actions on his crap hole gun store.

I've been dealing with Tom for over 5 years and never had anything this bad happen before. He's always been an asshat.

FYI: Gunsmith John Robinson now works for this low life. John does outstanding work. I'm sure he will be missed at Classic Pistol. Also, Ed is a straight shooter (another CP guy).

Ill post an update to let you all know what happened.

God bless the Republic!
    Hold the fort. In the past, I've blasted Clayton's to hell and pack. The past was the past. Over the past couple years, I've had good dealings with them when I've bothered going there.

You put a pistol on consignment. I've put MANY guns on consignment, although not with Clayton's, and NEVER ONCE have I had the gun shop call me and tell me that the gun was on hold. They'll tell me AFTER it's been sold, but NOT when someone comes in and puts it on hold. I'm not a huge fan of Tom's, but I see his point here - your gun is on his books, he has $500 in hand, and now you're wanting to renege on your end. Sorry, if I were him, I'd probably give you back your gun, but I'd also tell you to never step foot in my shop again. You really are making a bit of a dick move and putting him in a shitty spot.

As for the phone call - that's he said - she said stuff. After hearing the nature of the rest of your grievance, I just can't put much weight on it.
    Last edited by crlovel; February 1st, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

(Berks County)

Angry Re: any info on Clayton's in Willow grove

"You really are making a bit of a dick move and putting him in a shitty spot."

How am I dick? I was treated like dirt, plane and simple.

I have put several guns on consignment with Tanners and Classic pistol and I was called on every deal. I made a bad mistake selling my gun at Clayton's.
    Last edited by ThreatCon72; February 1st, 2013 at 09:22 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

(Berks County)

Because your gun wasn't sold, it was ON HOLD. Money down, waiting for pick-up. Per your words, it won't be picked up for several more days.

I doubt Tom, prickly sonofabitch or not, would be in business for as long as he has been had he been known for stealing guns.

(Montgomery County)

I can't comment on gun sales per se, but when I went in there and asked for a pocket holster for my LC9 the guy that helped me ran back to the wall, found it quick, and came back to the counter with it. Cleared my weapon for me so I could "try it on", and then the price was only about a buck or two more than the cheapest place online. So I'm a fan.

(Bucks County)

Shame to hear so much dissatisfaction about a business.

I will say this, I've dealt with Clayton's off and on for 32 years.
    Long ago, when they were at County Line & 611, they were small and
    a decent shop. They moved to Horsham Road to a larger location.
    At some point, their "customer service" dropped off and I stopped going.

Several years ago, someone mentioned Clayton's and I told them of
    my lack of interest in the shop. I told them there were many other places
    I'd prefer to spend my money since the other places seemed to value my
    business. Eventually, curiosity got to me. I couldn't find them at first, I
    didn't realize they had moved to 611. I did find them, and while I wasn't
    treated badly, I wasn't impressed either, but they seemed to have good
    inventory. I went back occasionally to see what they had when making my rounds.

It seems to me, in my experience, they've gotten "a clue". I've found their
    prices to be fair on most things. Some of the people are not as knowledgeable
    as they could be, but in my experience, they have flat out said they don't know and have asked others, or attempted to find out. I've always been
    waited on, and shown anything I've asked to see. Are they on par with Tanner's, No. Tanner's is an aberration, they score high on all levels. I don't think anyone really compares. But in all fairness, Clayton's seems to have
    cleaned up their act in recent years. As a result, they are now a regular stop
    when I'm shopping or buying.

In the current atmosphere I will say this, and for me it trumps a few negatives and will not be forgotten:
    THEY ARE NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE OPPORTUNISTIC RAPING OF CUSTOMERS.
    They had product at prices that were common in September. Both Tanner's and Clayton's are still selling product at fair prices. This single fact says volumes to me. There is a dealer on Rt 309 that I have spent $1000's with over the years and I will NOT be back for a long time. Clayton's earned their former spot on my "circuit".

In MY experience, Clayton's is trying to earn back a good name. They have done so with me, and they were rewarded with my business. It's EASY to get a bad reputation and VERY difficult to remove the tarnish. If someone tries to improve, I believe they should get the chance.

(Berks County)

Update on my situation:

The person did buy my pistol yesterday and I am getting my check mailed to me.

Case closed, I will no longer buy or sell anything from Clayton's moving forward.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

(Berks County)

Update on my situation:

The person did buy my pistol yesterday and I am getting my check mailed to me.

Case closed, I will no longer buy or sell anything from Clayton's moving forward.
    In other words, exactly as Tom told you before you flipped out on him. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Clayton's, but it sounds like they held up their end of the bargain and did as promised. Good for them.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: any info on Clayton's in Willow grove

Went in there today, and put a deposit on something I'm looking at. I'm looking online and I see it for allot cheaper. What do you guys think, are they going to work with me on price, or should I take my business elsewhere?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast