Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: any info on Clayton's in Willow grove

I put a deposit on my XDm there about a year ago. When they put me on a wait list for my PICS he basically treated me like a I was criminal. I told him that I did not have a record and that it would get cleared up and he rolled his eyes and said we will see. A week later I asked for my money back and went somewhere else and bought the gun for a better price. The heavy set guy who runs the store and one of his sons I believe are two of the rudest people that I have met.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

i knew a guy that worked there,(john?) the last i heard is he got popped for nfa stuff. we stopped going there after that. other than that, we always got good deals when he was working.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CZJedi View Post
    When you add selection and price together, the only real competition is Tanners, and I actually had a bad two bad experiences with them. One was customer service, and in the other I was there when they were telling a joke with kids around that made me feel uncomfortable to have heard it with my father right there... and I'm in my 30s.
    while clayton's does have a nice selection there are a lot of shops in the area whose firearms selection is just as good i.e, tanners, surplus city, classic pistol, quimby's to name a few. plus all these shops have better prices than clayton's along with better customer service. if you've been happy at clayton's more power to you but judging from the responses to this thread your experiences are the exception instead of the norm.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: any info on Clayton's in Willow grove

. BTW, for the record, if you have not been there in a while, you might have to drop the "fat" from "fatass".
    Naw, I believe if a man works hard to attain something, it should be his forever. He worked hard to attain the name 'Fatass' which is short for "Fatassed slug who is nothing more than a wart on the ass of society", and i think no-one should take it from him. He earned it!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    while clayton's does have a nice selection there are a lot of shops in the area whose firearms selection is just as good i.e, tanners, surplus city, classic pistol, quimby's to name a few. plus all these shops have better prices than clayton's along with better customer service. if you've been happy at clayton's more power to you but judging from the responses to this thread your experiences are the exception instead of the norm.
    I do go to all of those places, but Quimby's is a bit more out of the way for me.

Surplus City has nowhere near the selection as Tanner's or Clayton's... if you were to narrow it down to how many different guns they have, they are actually very small. Now if you did want a mil. surplus gun, then they are great, but other than looking through a rack of Yugo SKS's, there are much better places in terms of selection.

Classic Pistol is probably the most expensive of the bunch, but I do like the fact that you can rent semi-auto.
    - May the forCZe be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I would sooner receive a DIY vasectomy in a kitchen sink garbage disposal than give Clayton's a penny. Rude staff, ignorant owner, high prices.

Tanner's, Surplus City, and Quinby's are all within a 30 minute radius of this pig trough.
    If the entire might and mass of all the Islamofascist forces arrayed against us in the world were marching up 611 towards the air base, I wouldn't go in there to borrow a bag of marbles for my slingshot. Nasty as cat shit and twice as arrogant, they are.

(Bucks County)

I do go to all of those places, but Quimby's is a bit more out of the way for me.

Surplus City has nowhere near the selection as Tanner's or Clayton's... if you were to narrow it down to how many different guns they have, they are actually very small. Now if you did want a mil. surplus gun, then they are great, but other than looking through a rack of Yugo SKS's, there are much better places in terms of selection.

Classic Pistol is probably the most expensive of the bunch, but I do like the fact that you can rent semi-auto.
    i guess we'll have to agree to disagree....surplus city has a lot more to choose from than a rack of yugo sks's. in addition to some of their milsurp stuff they've got a good selection of century builds to include cetme's, hk93 clones, wasr10's, yugo AK's, galil clones, romanian PSL's, colt 6920, 6940, and the 9mm carbine colts. they also have quite a few used bolt actions and a good selection of new glocks, sigs, HK's, SA, beretta, SW, ruger and taurus. even if surplus city's selection is not as good as clayton's surplus city offers a lot better prices on their firearms and customer service than you'll ever get at clayton's.

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    i guess we'll have to agree to disagree....surplus city has a lot more to choose from than a rack of yugo sks's. in addition to some of their milsurp stuff they've got a good selection of century builds to include cetme's, hk93 clones, wasr10's, yugo AK's, galil clones, romanian PSL's, colt 6920, 6940, and the 9mm carbine colts. they also have quite a few used bolt actions and a good selection of new glocks, sigs, HK's, SA, beretta, SW, ruger and taurus. even if surplus city's selection is not as good as clayton's surplus city offers a lot better prices on their firearms and customer service than you'll ever get at clayton's.
    I won't say that Surplus City isn't a bit crusty at first when you go in, but it's about making sure of your intentions. Once they figure out that you're a gun person, or would like to be, they're entirely pleasant to deal with. I can't give Clayton's such a pass. And yes, although I won't say that Surplus City always has great prices on everything, they do tend to have a decent amount of milsurp and police turn-in stuff on their racks at any given time.

(Bucks County)

This guys one of the biggest pricks out there , will never do business with him again.

(Berks County)

Default Buyer Beware! Clayton's hunting & range Horsham

BUYER BEWARE! Tom the big Fatass owner is the most unprofessional man I've every met. I put a pistol on consignment last month and never heard anything. After almost 2 weeks, I called Tom and asked if there was any interest on my gun he just said "good bye" and hung up on me! I can understand people are busy but this is uncalled for. I went down to the store a few days later to take back my pistol because of the non communication and flat out rudeness. I walked in the store and didn't see my gun. The woman behind the counter said come back later because she does not know where it is!!!! I refused and advised her I want my gun back. 15 minutes later she finally finds it, she tells me it is on hold as of yesterday for someone that will buy it on Feb 10th. I advised her I was never called and asked if that was okay. She said they took a 500.00 deposit. I told her no deal and want my gun. I was told I need to talk to Fatass and he'll be in later. I called there later in the day. Tom got on the phone and was his nasty self and said I cant have the gun back and its on his books. I told him he never called to let me know about the deposit or the 2 weeks the guys wants. He said he don't do that. The called got heated and curses flew back and forth. Tom said something nasty and hung up on me! I called right back and no answer!! Wow, this is a guy with a FFL and a stick and brick store? I hope to get my money on the 10th, if not I will take Civil Actions on his crap hole gun store.

I've been dealing with Tom for over 5 years and never had anything this bad happen before. He's always been an asshat.

FYI: Gunsmith John Robinson now works for this low life. John does outstanding work. I'm sure he will be missed at Classic Pistol. Also, Ed is a straight shooter (another CP guy).

Ill post an update to let you all know what happened.

God bless the Republic!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast