Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reloading supplies

Hello All,
    Just getting into reloading. Live in Somerset County NJ. The closet supplier I had is closing up..Rays.
    Can anyone suggest somewhere around Bucks County PA that stocks powders & primers. Looking to avoid shopping online & the HazMat fees.

Thanks
    There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
    -- Charlton Heston, 15 Sep 1997

Default Re: Reloading supplies

For where you live in relation to I 78, you might want to consider going to Stockertown, which is just a little north of Rt 22 after you cross the river into PA. There you will find T&T Reloading. He has a website at http://216.15.64.227/ . It is not the catchiest title, nor is it the most friendly design, but his prices are decent for local stuff. It has been a while since I have done any business with him, but I got my initial stuff from him years ago. I did not set it up until this year, but that is where I got it. I've been buying my stuff at Cabela's recently. By the time I factor in gas and time to go over to T&T, any savings I might realize on components is wiped out by gas. And that doesn't even count time.

Good luck with it.

(York County)

You could try King Shooters Supply Off Rte 202 west of Philly.
    www.betterbullets.com

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    For where you live in relation to I 78, you might want to consider going to Stockertown, which is just a little north of Rt 22 after you cross the river into PA. There you will find T&T Reloading. He has a website at http://216.15.64.227/ . It is not the catchiest title, nor is it the most friendly design, but his prices are decent for local stuff. It has been a while since I have done any business with him, but I got my initial stuff from him years ago. I did not set it up until this year, but that is where I got it. I've been buying my stuff at Cabela's recently. By the time I factor in gas and time to go over to T&T, any savings I might realize on components is wiped out by gas. And that doesn't even count time.

Good luck with it.
    That's where I buy my stuff. His prices are as good as anywhere online and I don't have to pay for shipping or the other fees.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Thanks for the help guys.
    Stumbled across Target World in Chalfont PA. They were open on a Sunday. Got lost going there (my GPS wasnt programmed for PA), coming home was a breeze. Nice place. Good selection of new & used firearms. Indoor range, supplies, holsters etc. A bit of a wait for a salesman though. SOOOO many women were buying handguns.Out of the 4 purchase inqiuries, 3 were woman.
    Jersey sucks!! Just a drivers license gets you a handgun in PA huh?
    Anyway didnt have any Winchester WSF in stock, got 231 instead. What do you guys think of a newbie using 231 for 9mm Glock & XD 45?
    There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

According to Lymans 48th, it should work ok.

Buy a reloading manual!!!!!!

will save you alot of headaches and questions.........

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    According to Lymans 48th, it should work ok.

Buy a reloading manual!!!!!!

will save you alot of headaches and questions.........
    Thanks. I ordered 3 manuals, should be delivered Tuesday.
    I know it will work for both calibers. I meant is it a good idea for a novice to be using a mid to fast burning powder...from the start?

I am still a noob with this reloading stuff, but I have found loads online at the sites of various manufacturers that were not in the manuals I have.

231 is a good powder. The books will have loads for it. You will enjoy reloading. There is something about building a round, taking it to the range and having it work the way you want it to. When you start reloading you may have to work to find a load that works in you gun to get the best target ammo. All factors can effect your shooting. Gun, primer, powder, powder charge, bullet type, bullet shape, and bullet size. I've got a .38 Super that likes 7.1 gr of Blue Dot for a 147 gr RN, but the same charge for a 147gr HP is all over the paper. I took it up to the max charge with no luck. Then I started dropping the charge. At 6.8 it was cutting the same holes. It's a great hobby. Enjoy.

Smile Re: Reloading supplies

Hey aj141nj, you still out there? I'm in Franklin Park. Maybe we can talk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast