Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: M14

(Bucks County)

Default M14

OK, I'll start off with my newest pride and joy:

M14 - 7.62 mm (.308) with a LRB Forged Receiver, 18 1/2" Criterion Chrome Lined NM Barrel, all USGI parts (Winchester Bolt, Trigger & Hammer and HRA OP Rod), Smith Ent. muzzle brake and USGI fiberglass stock. Presentation Grade Walnut Proof Stamped Stock to be installed later.

Last edited by phillyd2; March 25th, 2006 at 09:49 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Very nice.
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Delaware County)

I carried the M14 and the .45 Colt for 4 years.

USMC DIV. RECON

(Lancaster County)

That is a damn nice M14. Im seriously considering purchasing one. At one time I wouldnt touch a rifle that had wood, but Ive recently gotten into garands, cetme's and while Im sure the mini-14 I have pictured in another thread is gonna probably be a dead dog Im starting to come around to the wood look.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

(Bucks County)

Actually that’s not wood but a USGI fiberglass stock. All parts are US Government Issue from about 1960, including the fiberglass stock. Other than the Smith Ent. muzzle brake (which is being made for US Coast Guard M14's) and barrel what you see above is how it was intended to be issued as the main US Battle Rifle. Of course JFK and crew changed history by going with the "modern" M16. The argument about this decision continues to this day. The M14 has found a new life in the Sand Box for their long range and one shot stopping power.

If you really want one, don’t delay. Good quality real USGI Parts are becoming very rare and more expensive each day.

I felt the same about wood as you, if its not black then I was not interested. The M14 changed my mind. It just looks better with wood so I have on order a original Walnut stock that I will use for show but if the SHTF the fiberglass stock is going back on.

According to the experts synthetic stocks are much stronger, uniform in density and stress-free - not subject to season cracking or warping, waterproof, etc.

(Delaware County)

Where'd you get it?

(Bucks County)

LRB Arms, NY.

They are the only ones now producing a Forged M14 Receiver just like the originals. I hear they now have a few month back order for their receivers. Most guys collect USGI parts from all over, buy a LRB or another Non Forged Receiver and have a smith put it together. From what I understand assembling a M14 is not for the novice.

http://www.lrbarms.com

(Delaware County)

I noticed that Fulton Armory is making them too.

(Bucks County)

The Fulton Armory M14 is an excellent rifle but the receiver is not forged. It is actually manufactured by Armscorp (not Fulton) but to their specs. LRB makes the only forged receiver on the market now.

Current commercial producers of the semi-automatic M-14 type receivers are Armscorp USA, LRB Industries, LLC, Springfield Armory Inc., Fulton Armory, and Enterprise Arms. Of these, only Springfield Armory Inc. offers a lifetime warranty, and only LRB Industries offers a made in the USA hammer forged receiver that closely duplicates the drawing specifications of the original USGI M-14 receiver.

From the Fulton website:

Fulton Armory semi auto M14 receivers are cast & machined right here in Maryland, USA, by a sub-contractor with extensive service rifle manufacturing experience. Our contractor has agreed to make many changes to existing tooling as well as significant improvements in receiver dimensional geometries as specifically requested by Fulton Armory

(Delaware County)

Yep, forged is better. Good info! Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast