Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image resizing

(Allegheny County)

Default Image resizing

Ive noticed that a handful of members on the forum dont know how to resize their images, so i propose 2 things,

1. I would be glad to make a quick guide to resizing using mspaint, if you would like to make a thread and sticky it somewhere.

and

2. I dont know what vbulletin will allow you to do as far as modifying the php source code, but you can probably add a command to resize .jpgs as shown here
    http://4wordsystems.com/php_image_resize.php

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Image resizing

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Ive noticed that a handful of members on the forum dont know how to resize their images, so i propose 2 things,

1. I would be glad to make a quick guide to resizing using mspaint, if you would like to make a thread and sticky it somewhere.

and

2. I dont know what vbulletin will allow you to do as far as modifying the php source code, but you can probably add a command to resize .jpgs as shown here
    http://4wordsystems.com/php_image_resize.php
    Unfortunately I've yet to find a VB Modification that does dynamic image resizing in line and at this point I am not familiar enough with programming add-ons for vbulletin to do it myself.

It would be nice though.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Check out a simple VuePrint that allows easy resizing to whatever you want.

http://www.hamrick.com/upg.html

(Delaware County)

If you use Windows XP they have a "Power Toy" called Image Resizer It's a very small application that allows you to "right click" an image and choose from three standard sizes or use a custom setting to make the image any size you want. Not only does this reduce the dimension's of viewable size (for really large photo's), but it drastically reduces the file size itself (k, Kb mg, etc.) You can also highlight and reduce two or more images at the same time. The quality of reduce photo's is not noticeably reduced. BEST OF ALL IT'S FREE

this link will take you to the download site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Scroll down the right side for this file:

ImageResizer.exe
    521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    If you use Windows XP they have a "Power Toy" called Image Resizer It's a very small application that allows you to "right click" an image and choose from three standard sizes or use a custom setting to make the image any size you want. Not only does this reduce the dimension's of viewable size (for really large photo's), but it drastically reduces the file size itself (k, Kb mg, etc.) You can also highlight and reduce two or more images at the same time. The quality of reduce photo's is not noticeably reduced. BEST OF ALL IT'S FREE

this link will take you to the download site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Scroll down the right side for this file:

ImageResizer.exe
    521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

Sounds like the way to go... but u just gotta convice people to use it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Sounds like the way to go... but u just gotta convice people to use it.

I hear ya, there's always that .... lead them to water but .... by the way, if you search my posts that have a photo you can see what an Image Resizer photo looks like, quality wise. I always use them for web photo's, makes the photo's very quick uploads because of their very small file size.

I use thumbnails that point to larger images. Loads fast without using up a lot of real estate.-->click here for details.

Most computers come with a basic paint program, you can easely change the size of the pictires to what this server requires there. Because many of us like having a full sized picture, we host our pictures elswhere with a link here. I can understand how to some 56K users this can be a pain, but then again, most of us either have DSL or Cable so uploads and downloads are not noticed as much when large pictures are shown.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Most computers come with a basic paint program, you can easely change the size of the pictires to what this server requires there. Because many of us like having a full sized picture, we host our pictures elswhere with a link here. I can understand how to some 56K users this can be a pain, but then again, most of us either have DSL or Cable so uploads and downloads are not noticed as much when large pictures are shown.
    Yea I have a a graphics program (Paint Shop Pro XI) and a cable connection, love large detailed photo's too, which I keep on my 180GB hard drive, the Image Resizer I use makes a "copy" of my photo's in a much smaller "file" size, (in terms of how many Kb, MB etc.) My digital camera takes photo's that are over 1MB is file size, a lot of email programs limit the size of a transfer, for example, at normal camera size I could send maybe 4 photo's in one email, however with the Resizer I could send about 15 at one time and still have the photo's appear the same dimensional size (for example: 8"x 10") on your computer screen as the originals AND it's an easy three clicks of the mouse process to reduce the file size, which is done as PA Rifleman says " ... without using up a lot of real estate".

(Delaware County)

Here's an online picture shrink utility. Does a pretty good job and it's hard to get much simpler.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast