Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default "Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane

I found this very interesting.. If this has been posted before - my apologies..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85833865&hl=en

(York County)

Default Re: "Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane

Good video. Keep your damn mouth shut....that about sums it up. Thanks -BB
    The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
    -Ted Nugent

(Monroe County)

(Franklin County)

wow, i love this guy.... watching the other parts now.

You know for most people that would have been a one hour lecture, he managed it in 27 minutes .... I'd swear he was speeding his ass off if I didn't know better!

Good video though and way too many people (I have been guilty of this myself) just start blabbing when they are talking to cops.

(Lehigh County)

Be sure you watch the OTHER half of the video....

It is also labeled "Don't Talk..." and has the Bald Guy in the frame showing (he's the police officer that the Prof. was talking about)....very interesting viewpoint on the "interview", how they get you to talk, recording, etc...

AFARR

(Allegheny County)

Always use ALL of your Constitutional rights especially the Fifth.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
    The Fifth Amendment

Self-incrimination
    The Fifth Amendment protects witnesses from being forced to incriminate themselves. To "plead the Fifth" is a refusal to answer a question because the response could form self-incriminating evidence.

Historically, the legal protection against self-incrimination is directly related to the question of torture for extracting information and confessions.[6][7] The legal shift from widespread use of torture and forced confession dates to turmoil of the late 16th and early 17th centuries in England. Anyone refusing to take the oath ex-officio (confessions or swearing of innocence, usually before hearing any charges) was taken for guilty. Suspected Puritans were pressed to take the oath and then reveal names of other Puritans. Coercion and torture were commonly employed to compel "cooperation." Puritans, who were at the time fleeing to the New World, began a practice of refusing to cooperate with interrogations. In the most famous case John Lilburne refused to take the oath in 1637. His case and his call for "freeborn rights" were rallying points for reforms against forced oaths, forced self-incrimination, and other kinds of coercion. Oliver Cromwell's revolution overturned the practice and incorporated protections, in response to a popular group of English citizens known as the Levellers. The Levellers presented The Humble Petition of Many Thousands to Parliament in 1647 with thirteen demands, of which the right against self-incrimination (in criminal cases only) was listed at number three. These protections were brought to the American shores by Puritans, and were later incorporated into the United States Constitution through its Bill of Rights.
    You are always better to wait to make you statement when it counts one time in court rather than being held to a statement made under durest or being tricked into a statement.

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

Excellent contribution!!

This video is a nice statement about this country, being that an officer cannot/will not make any statements in court, unless it is to help convict you. Doesn't make me feel safe knowing that is the standard operating procedure. Getting people to confess to things they didn't have anything to do with out of pressure.

Here are a few relevant quotes:

Crime is contagious... if the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for the law.
    -- US Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis, 1928

If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous? - unknown

"[During the Inquisition,] by paying so much attention to the devil and by treating witchcraft as the most heinous of crimes, the theologians and the inquisitors actually spread the beliefs and fostered the practices which they were trying so hard to repress... "

- Aldous Huxley

america - The "land of the free" with the largest prison population in the world.

Sure you can trust the government, ask any indian.

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention
    Last edited by PeterSmalls; October 21st, 2008 at 06:26 PM.
    "Apparent consent" is a great example of legal precedent that irrationally circumvents the 4th Amendment. This policy encourages sloppy police work by assuring officers that their mistakes will inevitably be forgiven in court. The idea that police can render their own actions legal simply by genuinely believing them to be is incompatible with the general legal principle that ignorance is not an excuse for error.

(Schuylkill County)

I have been labeled (and banned from many boards with LEO) as a cop hater because I say the EXACT SAME THING. Not so politely, but the same thing.

No cop is going to help you. EVER. I don't talk to the police at traffic stops, or when they come to my house about the dogs barking... ok, once about the dogs.

Police are not your friends. They have a vested interest in keeping prosecution stats up, the coffers of the local municipality full and their job.. if you are picked that day to be run through the mill, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.

Be respectful.. but not a chatter box.

I always like the one's on COPS like when they ask:" You got anything illegal in your car"? "Be straight with me"! Like if you tell him you got 3 lbs. of weed, 2 oz. of coke, and 16 illegal firearms he's just gonna let you go free.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast