Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default G-20 meeting, "a new world order"

Where have I heard that term before? hmmmmm ... let's see, a "new world order" ... ahh yes, the tin foil hat crap!

Not seeming so tin foil lately though esp when MSM start using the term and the plans for the G20 meeting this week basically spell it out, calling it "the next Bretton Woods" and basically saying since the US fouled this whole thing up our currency shouldn't be THE currency.

Folks do you have any idea what will happen if these muttonheads decide the US dollar is toast, even if two or three countries do? ... plain and simple we are screwed!

Let's hope the US representatives are able to slap them around some

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/14/news...ion=2008111409
    Last edited by dc dalton; November 14th, 2008 at 10:29 AM.

(Chester County)

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: G-20 meeting, "a new world order"

Oh fuck me. Beck just mentioned how the Brits used to think the Empire would live forever. How many Americans think the US dollar will be the world currency forever? Dear God I hope I have a few months to finish preparing.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Oh fuck me. Beck just mentioned how the Brits used to think the Empire would live forever. How many Americans think the US dollar will be the world currency forever? Dear God I hope I have a few months to finish preparing.
    Brother I was thinking the exact same thing but I am really starting to worry the clock is running out and we still have things to do (and running out of money to do them fast)

Even though I knew this could happen (although I hoped all along I was wrong) I made one giant mistake in my plans, I didn't see how fast it could happen. I expected this Jan - March of next year and was getting final preps set up when everything just freaking stopped!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Brother I was thinking the exact same thing but I am really starting to worry the clock is running out and we still have things to do (and running out of money to do them fast)

Even though I knew this could happen (although I hoped all along I was wrong) I made one giant mistake in my plans, I didn't see how fast it could happen. I expected this Jan - March of next year and was getting final preps set up when everything just freaking stopped!
    I was thinking I had a good 18 months from now. I would have my firearms set in the next 4-5 months while slowly building my food stores. Now I am thinking I need to switch gears, but I am afraid that I will need the deer rifle and the 10/22 to help make it through the worst of times. This is just gettinguglier and uglier.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    This is just getting uglier and uglier.
    Yes it is and again I was mistaken at how fast it came. We are doing the old marine motto over here as we speak

adjust, adapt, improvise and overcome

I'm re-adjusting my business, adding back in things I haven't done for years like computer repair just to make sure we have income flowing in from more than one place. As I said in another thread I had 3 contracts ready to sign the end of last month ($65k worth) when all of a sudden everyone got spooked and they put them all on indefinite hold this week.... not EVEN funny

(Allegheny County)

calling it "the next Bretton Woods" and basically saying since the US fouled this whole thing up our currency shouldn't be THE currency.
    the thing is...there is no viable alternative.

the US economy is still the strongest in the world...and the only one strong enough to support the currency at the base of the world's monetary system. no other individual country has the resources (i.e., tax base and a strong central bank) to issue the world's currency.

further, it cannot be the euro because the EU doesn't even have the power to wage taxes like a nation-state can...nor does it have a strong central bank that can impose monetary policy. further, the weakness of the EU has been demonstrated by the EU's response, or lack thereof, to the economic crisis. each european country acted on their own...they were someone coordinated, but it was still each country acting on it's own rather than the EU acting as a whole.

germany's support of russia over the georgia issue also demonstrated the weakness of the EU.

so, there really is no viable alternative to our dollar when it comes to the foundation of the world monetary system.

"bretton woods II" will not result in a change in what currency is used as the world's reserve currency...it really cannot as there is no feasible alternative. however, the europeans do want to get us to concede to be less unilateral in monetary and economic policies and subject ourselves to more international regulation. frankly, though, i don't even see that happening personally. we have no incentive to do it, and the europeans can't provide one. they really have no leverage over us, and they don't really have anything to offer us.

i predict there will be a lot of hot air and rhetoric bandied about at the summit, but nothing of substance will actually change.

(Northampton County)

"the next Bretton Woods"
    Nothing good will come of this. Basically, this would "CTRL+ALT+DEL" the world's financial markets. It is not 1944 and the world's financial markets are much, much more complicated today.

Very scary stuff right here.
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
    Nothing good will come of this. Basically, this would "CTRL+ALT+DEL" the world's financial markets.
    AH but ctrl alt del only bring up another screen, its what they choose on that screen that worries me!

what you are describing is a

reboot

select * from desktop

delete

are you sure?

yes

(we actually built a script like that in school and ran it on a few machines)

Sorry, just had to add some geek levity into this.

Yes, it seems to be happening very fast. I too thought it would be early next year before it got really nasty. Now it looks like it could be imminent.
    I'm pretty well prepared. Not as prepared as I would prefer, but still pretty well prepared. I can drop off the grid if necessary, hunt and grow food, etc. Wouldn't be an easy life, but I could manage.
    If we have a few more weeks, I'll be better prepared. I still want to get some more supplies if possible. I've been putting part of every paycheck to supplies, and I plan on putting most of my upcoming bonus (no, I'm not some Wall Street guy, I work for a software company!) into supplies.
    I have some friends who will evac to my place if/when it gets bad. I think we will have a better chance than many people. It helps being in a semi-rural setting instead of a city or suburb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast