Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Best trigger for AR

Hey guys,
    I bought my M&P 15 recently and I don't really like the feel of the trigger. What are my options to replace it? Is it easy to do?

Thanks,
    Dustin

(Berks County)

Default Re: Best trigger for AR

I have the Rock River NM two stage trigger in all 3 of my AR's and I really like it. You can get much more expensive units...Timney, jewell, etc, but for the average everyday AR shootin' joe that wants a little bit lighter pull and nice clean break I don't think you can beat them.

The Capn'

(Philadelphia County)

Giselle (or Gisselle?) is generally regarded as the current best AR trigger out there, others such as the Timney or Jewell are excellent choices as well. Standard two stages such as the Rock River are an excellent upgrade for the price. THey are as easy to install as your standard triggers since they use the same pins it's just a matter of swapping parts. The Timney is a one piece unit that just drops in and uses the pins basically just to hold it in place. If you can install a LPK the trigger will be a breeze.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Giselle (or Gisselle?) is generally regarded as the current best AR trigger out there, others such as the Timney or Jewell are excellent choices as well. Standard two stages such as the Rock River are an excellent upgrade for the price. THey are as easy to install as your standard triggers since they use the same pins it's just a matter of swapping parts. The Timney is a one piece unit that just drops in and uses the pins basically just to hold it in place. If you can install a LPK the trigger will be a breeze.
    More rock-solid info from LP.

Also, any time you are working with pins like that, a good punch is important. You probably knew that already, I just didn't want to see the "I scratched my lower with a screwdriver while..." thread.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capnswervon View Post
    I have the Rock River NM two stage trigger in all 3 of my AR's and I really like it. You can get much more expensive units...Timney, jewell, etc, but for the average everyday AR shootin' joe that wants a little bit lighter pull and nice clean break I don't think you can beat them.

The Capn'
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    More rock-solid info from LP.

Also, any time you are working with pins like that, a good punch is important. You probably knew that already, I just didn't want to see the "I scratched my lower with a screwdriver while..." thread.

What they said.

I have a Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in mine. I like it, and several people have commented on the nice trigger after shooting it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Centre County)

I put RRA 2 stage in all the AR's I build. I like the way they feel. I have not changed the trigger in my Armalite yet but I still may.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

I just installed a Geissele Designated Marksman Rifle Adjustable Trigger (Large Pin .174) in my new Colt 6920. This trigger so exceeded my expectations, it's beyond my ability to express in words. It was $280, but worth every penny. I also have a JP single stage and an LMT 2 stage match trigger in my other AR's. Needless to say, they feel creepy, heavy, and unrefined compared to the Geissele. All of my AR's will soon have a Geissele trigger.

BTW, the Geissele is made here in PA.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What they said.

I have a Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in mine. I like it, and several people have commented on the nice trigger after shooting it.
    My RRA Varmint rifle came with the RRA 2-stage, and it is a great feeling trigger. I cannot comment on it vs. a jewell or gisselle or other trigger as I haven't handled them.

(Chester County)

(Philadelphia County)

Nice find! I've started hearing about that site recently and From what I've seen I may have to join. Looks like an excellent source.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast