Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Best trigger for AR

Depends on how you're going to use your AR.

Spend the cash on a high-end trigger if:
    -you're going to compete in long range target shooting
    -want to waste your money
    -hunt varmints at long range outside of PA
    -have the bragging rights

Buy a RRA 2 stage if:
    -you want a better than stock trigger at a reasonable price that will serve you well across the board. Take the money left over and buy ammo.

Don't buy an upgraded trigger if:
    -you don't have the rifleman skills to make use of it.
    Toujours prêt

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Nice find! I've started hearing about that site recently and From what I've seen I may have to join. Looks like an excellent source.

M4carbine has a group of very knowledgeable guys that know their stuff. There are also some industry insiders that post there, you can learn a great deal from them. They also have a pretty good handgun following with some very good shooters who are involved. It is a great place to learn from.

The key there is to make sure you know what you are talking about or don't post. They will destroy unqualified opinions and make no bones about it.

There training section is also very good and is definitely worth checking out.

(Allegheny County)

I have the RRA two-stage in a Del-Ton lower and, for the money, you can't beat it. However, if you want to save a few more bucks and still great a great trigger, the gent below deserves a look.

Bill Springfield
    http://www.triggerwork.net/
    "He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad."
    Rafael Sabatini's "Scaramouche"

(Montgomery County)

Geissele

Being a very competitive National Match Course(NRA Highpower) shooter i have had the opportunity to shoot just about every match grade trigger my service rifles on the planet. For years the best I could find was the Jewel and they are still a good trigger, but when my good friend Bill Geissele set out to design a better mouse trap, he set the bar high and went even further. The Geissele trigger is the BEST trigger on the market for the AR15. he makes two versions and the one I am refering to his his high speed match trigger for either service rifle(set at 4.5lbs) or his match rifle(set at almost nothing to about 2.5lbs)

Since shooting his triggers in my match grade service rifle, my scores have gone up at the 600 yard line, but also on the short lines too. I have won some seriously big matches shooting his triggers, most recently the Pennsylvania State High Power Rifle Championships and the New Jersey State Reduced Course High Power Rifle Championships.

Winning is more about the shooter than the gear, but good gear makes the job easier.

P.S. Geissele triggers are made right here in south eastern Pa. It's always nice to support a local.
    Last edited by Seneca Arms Co. Inc.; November 15th, 2008 at 08:02 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Don't buy an upgraded trigger if:
    -you don't have the rifleman skills to make use of it.
    Or, you don't need it.

I don't see any reason why you need a "match" trigger on a AR with non-magnified optics...unless you're shooting comps.

I have no problem hitting man-sized targets out to 200+ yards with a stock trigger on any carbine I've shot.

If you need a match trigger to hit targets inside of 300 yards, you're trying to fix a software problem with hardware.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    M4carbine has a group of very knowledgeable guys that know their stuff. There are also some industry insiders that post there, you can learn a great deal from them. They also have a pretty good handgun following with some very good shooters who are involved. It is a great place to learn from.

The key there is to make sure you know what you are talking about or don't post. They will destroy unqualified opinions and make no bones about it.

There training section is also very good and is definitely worth checking out.
    Don't worry, I know how not to step on my own dick.
    I just joined and have started looking around and it's looking like ARFcom minus the posers and dickheads.

One of the best things to do are dime drills. Get someone to balance a dime on a cleaning rod section in the barrel of the rifle and practice till you can drop the hammer and not the dime. The more you practice, the faster you will be able to pull the trigger without dropping the dime. Learning the basics using the basic trigger will make you that much more proficient once you move up to using the fancy go fast gear.
    Last edited by Legion_Prime; November 15th, 2008 at 12:47 PM.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Westmoreland County)

If you are not planning on doing service rifle matches. Then JP Single Stage is hard to beat.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12