Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default gordons sport supply on rt 100

Ive spent many hours there in the past week, and they have a great selection of new and used guns, however, they refused to do business with me because of my out of state drivers license. They are friendly people, and at least worth a visit, especially when you have a PA drivers license

(Chester County)

Default Re: gordons sport supply on rt 100

There are a lot of factors that could have tied their hands legally, what were the circumstances... were you inquiring about buying a long gun or handgun and what state is your DL from? If you have a NJ DL or wanted to buy a pistol that is a lot different from having a VA DL and wanting to buy a side by side shotgun.

EDIT: I see from your earlier posts you have a Colorado DL and were interested in a rifle. I don't know anything about Colorado's gun laws and this shop probably didn't either, my understanding of the law is they could sell to you if you could have that rifle in CO, and had the necessary documents (FOID if applicable). In my experience FFLs locally know what they can sell to a DE or NJ resident but a state across the country would require a little research in to that state's laws, that is probably where the problem is.
    Last edited by MartinBrody; November 13th, 2008 at 12:25 AM.

(Delaware County)

i was going to buy a marlin model 25 .22lr, my liscense is from colorado, and its just store policy, i went in this morning to try again, and i had a copy of the NRA's version of colorado gun laws, and the original BATF 12 pages on colorado laws, and they still wouldnt sell to me. its just store policy i guess

(Chester County)

I'm sorry to hear that. I've purchased at least a half dozen guns from them, knives, fishing gear, and a bunch of other stuff, not to mention the countless FFL transfers they've done to support my GunBroker habit. It's gotten so they're just as excited to see what the UPS guy drops off for me as I am. I'm sure it was frustrating to actually show them the laws and still get turned away, but their FFL is their bread and butter and I guess they'd rather lose a customer, than risk losing their license.

There's not too many places around where you can buy high end paintball, longboards and disc golf gear along side night crawlers and civil war guns in about an 800 sq ft. shop. I hope you weren't too soured by them because if you pop in once in a while you'll find a sale on .22lr that's cheaper than Wally world, and corbon and gold dot HPs marked down $4 or $5 for a box of 20.

I used to go there when it was L&W Guns & Archery, and located in downtown West Chester. Back then, they demanded 4473s even for black powder kit guns 'cause it "made them feel better".

Once in a while I'd ask a "test" question, they often got it wrong. One example: they refused to sell Makarovs (Themz junk, dontcha know!) and suggested a higher profit-margin PPK...whadda ya know, they have one right here in the case! It was more a case of one or two employees rather than a store policy.

In their defense, they've gotten a LOT better over the past 10 years.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Delaware County)

yea, im still going to stop by every once in a while and pick up a brick of .22lr, and just take a look to see what they have, just because they wouldnt sell me a gun doesnt mean i dont want to support a local shop like that, id much rather support them than french creek, or target master (not that either of those are bad stores or anything)