Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default No Hunting, perhaps?

If there is another AWB or if restrictions are imposed on handguns or carry; I have decided that part of the blame for the disaster will be some of the hunters and ‘sportsmen’ who did not want to support our legal activities.

Due to this, I have decided that should any bans or restrictions occur, I am going to immediately post signage on my property “No Hunting” with another sign explaining why.

If all of us do this, they will be relegated to the State Game Lands only.

If they cannot trust me to be armed and defend my family properly, why in the world would I put any trust in them on my land actually shooting??
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: No Hunting, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    If there is another AWB or if restrictions are imposed on handguns or carry; I have decided that part of the blame for the disaster will be some of the hunters and ‘sportsmen’ who did not want to support our legal activities.

Due to this, I have decided that should any bans or restrictions occur, I am going to immediately post signage on my property “No Hunting” with another sign explaining why.

If they cannot trust me to be armed and defend my family properly, why in the world would I put any trust in them on my land actually shooting??
    Nah, I'm not down with that*, b/c that's punishing all of the hunters because some of them are okay with AWB or handgun restrictions. And I don't mean this as an insult by any means, as I like most of your posts, but it's acting like the enemy who are content to punish all of us for the actions of criminals and irresponsible gun owners.

*Not like "I'm not down with that" means anything because I doubt posting a "No Hunting" sign on the porch of my South Philly rowhome will have much effect anyways.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    Nah, I'm not down with that*, b/c that's punishing all of the hunters because some of them are okay with AWB or handgun restrictions. And I don't mean this as an insult by any means, as I like most of your posts, but it's acting like the enemy who are content to punish all of us for the actions of criminals and irresponsible gun owners.

*Not like "I'm not down with that" means anything because I doubt posting a "No Hunting" sign on the porch of my South Philly rowhome will have much effect anyways.
    Yes, but I can only imagine what Philly may be like. You probably hear more gunshots than I do!

I make this assumption due to the high murder rates that are reported. I figure there may be many gunshots before one actual murder takes place!

And I do not speak for you either as I do not know which areas of Philly are which, just being humorous regarding City life.

It's Green Acres for me!

(Philadelphia County)

It's Green Acres for me!
    Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh...

The chores!

Drug whores!

Fresh air!

Bus fare!

You are my mail-order wife

Good-bye Chernobyl life

South Philly we are there!
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

That would be ok, If you let an evil commie gun owner who want's a place hunt, hunt there.........

I promise not to use it on deer........

(Jefferson County)

I dont know what there is a hoopla about what possibly can be made illegal now that the Dems are in total control. Nowhere in the Constitution does it empower the federal government to regulate such things like CCW licensing. Unless it involves interstate commerce or crimes that happen across state lines, the fed govt cant regulate it. If two states make it legal to carry via a permit and each agrees to honor the other's licenses then the Fed govt cant do anything about it. The federal govt would have to first have each and every state remove their CCW laws first before banning CCW.

(Perry County)

Taking more land away would certainly suck. I, for one, am supportive of all gun rights, but choose to use my guns for hunting only. I believe that the difference for some hunters, at least the ones I know from where I grew up, is that they don't have a necessity for these 'other' types of guns. They have no perceived threat against them. Most of the guys I talked to back home didn't even vote.

I don't think that posting your land will change anyone's mind. However, it is YOUR land. Do what you want with it.

(Union County)

"United we stand, divided we hang."

I support you OP, I for one was once of the "well, they don't want my 'hunting guns' so why should I care mentality in the days of my youthful ignorance. But now that I am older and wiser, I understand the errors of my ways. Now, if I were to ask for permission to hunt and told you I own several semi autos and am a STAUNCH 2A supprter, would you let ME hunt? If so, then your idea is cool w/ me....
    Girls, Guns and Gears......What more could you ask for in life?!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by tobyking8773 View Post
    "United we stand, divided we hang."

I support you OP, I for one was once of the "well, they don't want my 'hunting guns' so why should I care mentality in the days of my youthful ignorance. But now that I am older and wiser, I understand the errors of my ways. Now, if I were to ask for permission to hunt and told you I own several semi autos and am a STAUNCH 2A supprter, would you let ME hunt? If so, then your idea is cool w/ me....
    Yes, it would be mostly a hunt by direct permission. If someone argues strenuously enough and I believed them...I would probably let the old farmer I bought the property from hunt here, still. But he is pro 2A and used to have a ltcf.

A part of letting people hunt means I do not go into my woods so as to not disturb the animals or anyone who might be hunting at the time. No walking, UTV or trailbikes until spring/summer. This also encourages animals to 'trespass' as it feels safer for them. So there is some sacrifice on my part.

I don't own a huge ranch or anything but the spot I own is locally popular historically.

(Lebanon County)

Buckmark, when you sight your rifle in, you do it on paper, right? Then you're a target shooter who doesn't use his guns for hunting only. My God, you're one of "Us"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast