(Monroe County)

Default Columbine style shooting plot uncovered in Pottstown

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pag...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

Teen Involved In Columbine-Like Plot Outside Philadelphia
    Boy Arrested In Pottstown
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 09 Dec 2008, 2:31 PM EST
    Created: Tuesday, 09 Dec 2008, 12:22 PM EST

WTXF Fox Philadelphia

Pottstown, Pa. -- A Pottstown, Pa., teen has been charged in a Columbine-like plot at a high school outside Philadelphia.

Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman and Pottstown Borough Police Chief Mark Flanders are charging the 15-year-old boy with attempted murder.

The teen will be charged as an adult. Fox 29 is withholding his name until he is formally charged as an adult.

Pottstown Borough Police began their investigation after a reported theft of firearms from the defendant's father. The defendant's father told police that he was missing three handguns from a secured gun locker located in the basement of his residence.

Also he reported ammunition missing from within the gun locker.

Pottstown Police learned from another juvenile they interviewed that he received a bag from the teen, and was asked to "hold onto it."

The suspect allegedly told his friend he was going to "shoot students in the school and then himself."

The juvenile also showed police the location of the guns in the Manatawny Creek in River Front Park in Pottstown Borough.

The dive team then recovered the handguns and 248 rounds of .22 caliber ammunition from Manatawny Creek.

Police examined the handguns and determined that they were the same handguns reported stolen by the defendant's father.

The defendant later admitted to police that he removed the guns from his home and that he gave the guns to a friend, who was supposed to "hold" the guns for him.

The suspect said he was planning to have his friend take the guns to the Pottstown High School where he would retrieve the guns and implement his plan of a school shooting.

The teen also allegedly told police that he was going to go into the school shooting, shoot everyone he did not like, and then himself.

His plan was to have the guns loaded and have the additional ammunition inside his backpack. On the day of the planned shooting, he was going to tell his friends to go home from school.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Default Re: Columbine style shooting plot uncovered in Pottstown

Damn, that's crazy. I hope this doesn't involve one of our younger member's from Pottstown. I'm not sure how big the place is, but just a guess that if nothing else, he probably knows the kid. Wow, I'm glad this didn't go down.

(Lackawanna County)

Crazy.

It ain't like the stories of 'troublmakers' that my Dad used to talk about in school! And my Granddad? You didn't DARE even back-sass at school let alone be a troublemaker!

And on top of this.....our local TV networks continue to report the recent rise in violent crime spurred by tough economic times.

CC or OC doesn't matter.....just be sure you DO carry!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Lackawanna County)

just another faggot punk kid, who blames the world for being a loser. how much you wanna bet the media will describe this faggot kid as "despondant", "misunderstood", or "troubled"? even better, how they'll say that the kids in his school weren't the only nearly victimized, but that the faggot kid was a victim himself?

fuck that kid. i hope that, if he's charged as an adult, he gets the max, and does hard time. he thinks shit is rough now? just wait 'til the showers, kid.

fuck that kid.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    just another faggot punk kid, who blames the world for being a loser. how much you wanna bet the media will describe this faggot kid as "despondant", "misunderstood", or "troubled"? even better, how they'll say that the kids in his school weren't the only nearly victimized, but that the faggot kid was a victim himself?

fuck that kid. i hope that, if he's charged as an adult, he gets the max, and does hard time. he thinks shit is rough now? just wait 'til the showers, kid.

fuck that kid.
    So what are you tryin' to say?

LOL!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post

LOL!
    Yeah, warrior... dont hold back - its not healthy.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post

LOL!
    Yo, Jah, calm down, man.

(Lebanon County)

The defendant's father told police that he was missing three handguns from a secured gun locker located in the basement of his residence.

Really? SECURED??? I find this to be alarming and I hope to hell his dad has invested in something else.

You have to wonder how this kid thought it was going to work...he was going to single out the kids he didn't like and shoot them...without shooting anyone else, huh? I mean, not that doing it like that would have made it ok but WTH? I don't even know why it occurs to me to mention what a ridiculous line of thinking this was because clearly he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box and he's a few fries short of a happy meal.

Thank god his plan was discovered. I wonder if they are charging his friend? I mean....WTH is up with his knowing the plan and not telling anyone?????

Kind of funny....These types of things didn't happen when teachers were allowed to paddle students in the classroom.......
    I say we go the way of Israel: Armed teachers. That'd make some idiot goth despondent freak think twice about capping off in school....

I just confirmed that our member was NOT involved. I'm a dumb redneck and found out that he lives in pottsville, not pottstown, so thank goodness there.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast