Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: Fight To Reveal Obama's Birth Certificate

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Well i'll be damned.. lol

Though interestingly enough he's a Hillary Lover..

Oh, I also found http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1122023117263
    Honestly I am begining to wonder where you are coming from these days. Berg's loyalties have been discussed ad nausium (sp) in just about EVERY one of these threads. You have requested links to some stuff in the last few days that make me think you have been living under a rock or just had blinders on. For someone as involved in the local DNC I would have thought you would know who Berg was and who he supported. Haven't you been one of the people saying "If this were true Hillary would have tried to use it" in just about every other thread? Berg is a Hillary supporter. Hillary initially said she supported his efforts. Have you been sleeping through the other threads on this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by viva la ben View Post
    Older than 35 years or did you totally ignore my post?
    Can't ignore what you didn't see. I fired my chip shot at the ignorance of The Bulletin from the first page and didn't see where it landed on the second until today. FWIW, I had a Bulletin route as a kid.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post

Basically my question would be, because he was a child at the time and I am sure that he personally would not have renounced his citizenship, would the US still consider him a citizen even though the country he lives in considers him a citizen of only the country where he is. And that is if he was a citizen to begin with... So basically I have no fucking clue
    As I undestand it, the US recognizes dual citizenship IF AND ONLY IF the other country also recognizes dual citizenship. Since Indonesia DID NOT recognize dual citizenship at the time in question, anyone with an Indonesian citizenship could not be a US citizen at the same time. A US citizen who became an Indonesian citizen would lose the US citizenship. Since his mother/step father, as his legal guardians, changed his citizenship, his US citizenship would be lost even though he himself didn't renounce it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Even if he isn't legally capable of assuming the Presidency, I couldn't imagine a successful challenge keeping him out of office at this point.
    This issue should have been resolved in September after the lawsuit was filed but the DNC et al decided to play the delay card using all the legal tactics based on precedural issue to delay up to this point and creating a crisis situation. They could have simply addressed the allegations, submitted the required proof, and had the judge, as a trier-of-fact make a ruling. For reasons which would appear to an outsider as suspicious, they chose to duck, dodge, and obfuscate the issues.

As I understand it, the Constitutional proscription only applies to the assumption/retention of the office. If O' is determined ineligible before elected officially (electorial college - not Nov 4 election) then the college would elect a different president of their choosing. IF O' is determined ineligible after college election but before inauguration then Biden becomes president-elect. If O' is declared ineligible after inauguration then hopefully he will resign for the sake of the country otherwise either his inauguration is voided by SCOTUS or, if necessary, impeachment and removal will ensue from Congress.

It would be inconceivable that he could remain in office if determined that he didn't have the Constitutional qualifications.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    This issue should have been resolved in September after the lawsuit was filed but the DNC et al decided to play the delay card using all the legal tactics based on precedural issue to delay up to this point and creating a crisis situation. They could have simply addressed the allegations, submitted the required proof, and had the judge, as a trier-of-fact make a ruling. For reasons which would appear to an outsider as suspicious, they chose to duck, dodge, and obfuscate the issues.

As I understand it, the Constitutional proscription only applies to the assumption/retention of the office. If O' is determined ineligible before elected officially (electorial college - not Nov 4 election) then the college would elect a different president of their choosing. IF O' is determined ineligible after college election but before inauguration then Biden becomes president-elect. If O' is declared ineligible after inauguration then hopefully he will resign for the sake of the country otherwise either his inauguration is voided by SCOTUS or, if necessary, impeachment and removal will ensue from Congress.

It would be inconceivable that he could remain in office if determined that he didn't have the Constitutional qualifications.
    Not with the incoming make up of Congress. I could easilly see them doing NOTHING even should we learn he was not eligibile. I could instead see how it would be used to show a new prescident.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Not with the incoming make up of Congress. I could easilly see them doing NOTHING even should we learn he was not eligibile. I could instead see how it would be used to show a new prescident.
    No way - no matter how stalwart the Democrats are in Congress. The potential riots if O' is disqualified will pale in comparison to the civil unrest if he (they) attempt to keep the office after being adjudicated invalid. The USA is not ready for nor would it tolerate a 'junta' or 'rogue' government - at least not in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by tl_3237; November 12th, 2008 at 01:35 PM.

No way - no matter how stalwart the Democrats are in Congress. The potential riots if O' is disqualified will pale in comparison to the civil unrest if he (they) attempt to keep the office after being adjudicated invalid. The USA is not ready for nor would it tolerate a 'junta' or 'rouge' government - at least not in the foreseeable future.
    Bammy's already pinko enough for me.

You're looking for the word "rogue," instead?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Bammy's already pinko enough for me.

You're looking for the word "rogue," instead?
    Yup - just wish my brain and fingers would get together occasionally as I attempt to type.

On second thoughts maybe a little makeup will help make this upcoming sow's ear administration look like a purse

Tnx - fixed

(Philadelphia County)

Mr Berg IS a Democrat!
    And Joe Biden is a gun owner.

(Chester County)

my conspiracy theory on this is they'll hold this over obama's head, and if he doesnt play ball (warrentless wiretaps, pulling out of iraq/afganistan, repealing the patriot act, vetoing future bailout plans, ect), they'll destroy him overnight with mass mainstream media coverage of this issue.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast