Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Missing/Stolen PA Long Rifle

Something similar happened to me...someone stole my S&W Model 1.2. The fucker went and put it in my coffee table drawer on me and I found it accidentally when I was looking for something else.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    The flintlock has been recovered. Thank you all for your advice. After putting the pressure on about reporting it to the police, it miraculously appeared in a closet that I never placed it in. I don't want to get into details and make accusations. I do believe that someone was involved in taking it and placing it there out of fear. I really thought it was gone for good and I'm happy to have it back.
    PS: I had checked that closet several times when I was going through the house and looking for it. It wasn't there.
    Buy a safe!

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    The flintlock has been recovered. Thank you all for your advice. After putting the pressure on about reporting it to the police, it miraculously appeared in a closet that I never placed it in. I don't want to get into details and make accusations. I do believe that someone was involved in taking it and placing it there out of fear. I really thought it was gone for good and I'm happy to have it back.
    PS: I had checked that closet several times when I was going through the house and looking for it. It wasn't there.
    Time to change the locks, and seriously reconsider who is allowed inside your home.

If it's thugs being invited by the kids or something like that, then you need to harden a room like a den or bedroom, and lock the crap out of that room. Secure the windows with something serious like Lexan & bars, put a deadbolt on the door, and make sure the door and frame are not "interior" grade. See the various videos on people kicking through hollow core doors and using sledgehammers on door frames, with the lock bolt just tearing through the 1/4" of pine board that was holding it.

Also think about guarding things that should not be touched in your absence (like gun safe doors and your dresser drawers) with the alarms that start screaming when triggered. If a guest is "using the bathroom" and they trip an alarm in your closet, that's a good sign that they need to be scrubbed from your friend list.

Your security is only as strong as the weakest part.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Time to change the locks, and seriously reconsider who is allowed inside your home.

If it's thugs being invited by the kids or something like that, then you need to harden a room like a den or bedroom, and lock the crap out of that room. Secure the windows with something serious like Lexan & bars, put a deadbolt on the door, and make sure the door and frame are not "interior" grade. See the various videos on people kicking through hollow core doors and using sledgehammers on door frames, with the lock bolt just tearing through the 1/4" of pine board that was holding it.

Also think about guarding things that should not be touched in your absence (like gun safe doors and your dresser drawers) with the alarms that start screaming when triggered. If a guest is "using the bathroom" and they trip an alarm in your closet, that's a good sign that they need to be scrubbed from your friend list.

Your security is only as strong as the weakest part.
    I concur with the legal eagle above.

BTW - they will try it again. Make the changes that GL001 mentioned, and then some.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Carbon County)

All great advice, I took it one step farther and moved out to my own place. Everything is locked up now. We were separating, I was getting my things out. That's when I found it missing.

(Bucks County)

Wonder what else went missing.......the rest of the story

I hope all your personal info is OK. Everyday bill invoices, cancelled checks, receipts, old licenses, etc.
    Don't leave too much stuff behind!!! (really glad you have it back)!!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234