Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Missing/Stolen PA Long Rifle

I have recently found that I'm missing a custom made flintlock Pennsylvania long rifle from my home. It's valued at over $3,000. It has "Matt Avance Grand rifle" engraved on the top of the octagon barrel and Jakob Walter engraved on the side plate there's also a silver Medallion in the stock that says Pennsylvania Pioneer 1749. If someone comes across it, please PM me. I would really appreciate getting this back as it is a family heirloom. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Default Re: Missing/Stolen PA Long Rifle

I assume you notified the police?

(Northumberland County)

Being what it is (black powder), that gun can be sold indefinitely without ever seeing a FFL transfer. Might be better off chasing the "who stole it?" in this case.

(Berks County)

I'm all for hanging thieves and hope you get it back.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Carbon County)

Thanks for the feedback. I know that it being a black powder gun with no serial number is going to be a challenge. But it's such a unique and personalized rifle that it's easily identifiable. That's pretty much my only hope at this point. I contacted the maker because his name is engraved on the top of the barrel. He told me that they get calls all the time from people who buy their gun second hand together information about them and they will be on the lookout for it. I've also contacted several gun shops and pawn shops in the area and sent them description and pictures. As far as tracking down the thief oh, that shouldn't be too hard there's only a couple of people that new it existed and knew where it was. It's valued at over $2,000 so in Pennsylvania that makes it a grand larceny theft. I believe the Pennsylvania's laws are a little different than the federal laws concerning firearms. I don't know what charges that might carry. I know it's seven years maximum for Grand Larceny and 15 years maximum for theft of a firearm. I'm hoping that whoever the SOB is who took this does some amount of time, even it's six months in County lockup.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I know that it being a black powder gun with no serial number is going to be a challenge. But it's such a unique and personalized rifle that it's easily identifiable. That's pretty much my only hope at this point. I contacted the maker because his name is engraved on the top of the barrel. He told me that they get calls all the time from people who buy their gun second hand together information about them and they will be on the lookout for it. I've also contacted several gun shops and pawn shops in the area and sent them description and pictures. As far as tracking down the thief oh, that shouldn't be too hard there's only a couple of people that new it existed and knew where it was. It's valued at over $2,000 so in Pennsylvania that makes it a grand larceny theft. I believe the Pennsylvania's laws are a little different than the federal laws concerning firearms. I don't know what charges that might carry. I know it's seven years maximum for Grand Larceny and 15 years maximum for theft of a firearm. I'm hoping that whoever the SOB is who took this does some amount of time, even it's six months in County lockup.
    Take a good look at what else might be missing..
    And if you have kids, it's interrogation time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Take a good look at what else might be missing..
    And if you have kids, it's interrogation time.
    Uh huh. We had family friends and the father was a gunsmith and collector. He got a wakeup call when one of his guns was used in a crime in Phonyville and he found that one of his kids sold all of his guns on the streets. We were older then and weren't hanging out so I don't know how that was handled but I was surprised that the kid wasn't beaten to death by his father.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    Long shot but check. Regnnug.com Classifieds I've always search there Good luck!

(Carbon County)

Thanks but the web address doesn't work

(Chester County)

Of the people that knew you owned the gun and it's value look at who needed money and who uses drugs. There you will find the thief
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast