Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: ATF denying “Solvent Trap” Form 1’s!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    The issue is there is no such thing as 80% it's just a marketing term. The atf never liked diy silencer kits, they had cracked down years ago at gunshows to the point tube would be at one table internals at another etc. And there really has never been approved "unfinished internals" . All this could have been avoided if people would have just made their own parts. If you don't have the tools/ skills (and no desire to learn) what business do you really have building gunparts.
    I feel very much the same way about computers. If you don't have the time or the inclination to learn everything that I know about computers, you have no business using, or asking for help when they don't work.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

If you don't have the tools/ skills (and no desire to learn) what business do you really have building gunparts.
    So you expect everyone to have a 3 axis CNC machine in order to make/build Form1 parts? I'm sure if I wanted I could get a cheap Harbor Freight Lathe and some bar stock to build completely from scratch but the quality wouldn't be anywhere close to what you can buy from professional shops with high end CNC gear building the parts.

The Form1 community is a niche group but super interesting to follow on all the designs they come up with. A year ago I had virtually no suppressor knowledge at all, by building a few I've learned a great deal. Enough knowledge I probably could build from scratch now. People can just drill a hole or you can get into single/dual clips, different blast chamber sizes or mix/match cups for even better performance.

There is nothing wrong with these different kits and probably how a great number of people learn. Building a Polymer80 helped me understand every working component for Glock parts, building an 80% lower receiver into a finished AR15 was also a fun experience and now I can tear one down and know where each and every part goes.

I think the writing is on the wall, right now the 3D printing community is making huge progress in various gun parts. I don't imagine we're that far off from CNC equipment getting a bit more affordable and then it's literally a file from building from a block of aluminum/steel or whatever material you choose.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    So you expect everyone to have a 3 axis CNC machine in order to make/build Form1 parts? I'm sure if I wanted I could get a cheap Harbor Freight Lathe and some bar stock to build completely from scratch but the quality wouldn't be anywhere close to what you can buy from professional shops with high end CNC gear building the parts.

The Form1 community is a niche group but super interesting to follow on all the designs they come up with. A year ago I had virtually no suppressor knowledge at all, by building a few I've learned a great deal. Enough knowledge I probably could build from scratch now. People can just drill a hole or you can get into single/dual clips, different blast chamber sizes or mix/match cups for even better performance.

There is nothing wrong with these different kits and probably how a great number of people learn. Building a Polymer80 helped me understand every working component for Glock parts, building an 80% lower receiver into a finished AR15 was also a fun experience and now I can tear one down and know where each and every part goes.

I think the writing is on the wall, right now the 3D printing community is making huge progress in various gun parts. I don't imagine we're that far off from CNC equipment getting a bit more affordable and then it's literally a file from building from a block of aluminum/steel or whatever material you choose.
    CNC machines are machineguns.

Well, not yet.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Bastards want us to go deaf. The reduction in concusion is incredible.

The point is suppressors should never have been regulated to begin with. Form 1 suppressor kits is the same fix that form 1 sbr's is, since sbr's should also never have been regulated. Form 1's would barely exist if form 4's didn't take over a year. Solvent traps and other form 1 suppressor kits are capitalism answering a call for a product that didn't take a year to legally obtain. They did this to themselves.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    So that you'll never hear them shoot your dog.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    WHAT??? I SAY WHAT DID YOU SAY, SON???

Bunch'a auditory pansies!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Dude. It's a safety device.

The real question is, why are you allowing the atf to run roughshod over your life?
    This is all bullshit, and you going along with it makes it no better.
    This could all have been avoided if the atf just fucked off and died.
    Why are you projecting the sins of the BATF onto another forum member? I sold my AR pistol over a year ago because I have enough things to worry about in my life other than "will I get jacked up some day over a stupid piece of plastic." Does that make me a BATF enabler?

(Allegheny County)

The issue is there is no such thing as 80% it's just a marketing term. The atf never liked diy silencer kits, they had cracked down years ago at gunshows to the point tube would be at one table internals at another etc. And there really has never been approved "unfinished internals" . All this could have been avoided if people would have just made their own parts. If you don't have the tools/ skills (and no desire to learn) what business do you really have building gunparts.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I feel very much the same way about computers. If you don't have the time or the inclination to learn everything that I know about computers, you have no business using, or asking for help when they don't work.
    Wow because building a computer has anywhere near the actual safety concerns as building gunparts..... atleast be realistic and compare it it to wiring a house.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast