Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Springfield Hi Power

I passed on a 70s era Browning a few years ago. I’m guessing it was 70s. The box graphics were the same as my ‘73 buckmark. It had beautiful bluing, like mint. I couldn’t justify spending what that shop wanted for it.

(Butler County)

Gone are the days when you could get a FEG clone for $300. A nice one at that.
    Girsan makes a clone also. Not as much as a springfield and really not as much as a FN.

(Allegheny County)

I was convinced I wanted one till I held one. Feel is too close to my beloved Sig P210, to move it ahead of everything else on the list. My Sig, is the new-ish American made P210A standard, not the target.

Had plans to get the Target and put the Std grips on, but mine was sitting there when I had the cash.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    Girsan makes a clone also. Not as much as a springfield and really not as much as a FN.
    Also gone are the days when you could get a nice Belgian for $700.

I got my Kareen Hebrew Hammer for $299 just after Sandy Hook. She ain't pretty but she always goes bang.

I got a Springfield about two years ago. I'm very happy with it. It also has no ambidextrous safety, which I hate, because I'm not a lefty.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Also gone are the days when you could get a nice Belgian for $700.

I got my Kareen Hebrew Hammer for $299 just after Sandy Hook. She ain't pretty but she always goes bang.

I got a Springfield about two years ago. I'm very happy with it. It also has no ambidextrous safety, which I hate, because I'm not a lefty.
    I personally love my Girsan MC P35 Match. I always liked the Hi-Power, but I hated the hammer bite I got every time I shot one. Supposedly Springfield fixed that with their clone, but I wasn't willing to take the chance, so I waited for the Girsan which has a beavertail and ambi safety. Glad I did. It's a great shooting gun and I don't get bit. Didn't hurt that it only ran me about $550, either.

I'm thinking about getting the new lightweight PI model Girsan just introduced. When I was at the Outdoor Show in Hbg, I suggested to the EAA rep that Girsan should offer the PI model in a lightweight frame with a beavertail, ambi safety, optics cut, and rail. He said he'd take the idea back to them. I figured he was just being polite. Now it's a reality, probably not because of me, but now I feel obligated to buy one. Or at least that's how I'll justify the purchase to Mrs Ronin, lol.

MCP35-PI-LW-OPS-RIGHT.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12