Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: USCCA hangs member out to dry?

I want to know if they want their money back. I would if I was them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    So whats the deal with this Ahole lawyer and his sky is falling video and why is he slandering USCCA. Did he need more than $50K to defend her? People with videos like this need to be called out as liars.

USCCA paid $50K to defend a murderer and when the facts came out they cut her off. I would think that after you paid that kind of money you were fairly represented in a trial. Does anyone think if they paid another $200,000 she would have been innocent? And I know she is hot but if she is was found innocent would you date her?
    That's a fuck it and run, and take the condom with you.
    Lest you end up like drake, getting sued for putting hot sauce into his cum in the condom, that a dumb bitch stole out of the trash to impregnate herself with.
    She suing cause it burned lol

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    A USCCA member, Kayla Giles, shot her estranged husband in a LA Walmart parking lot during a custody transfer. USCCA paid $50k towards her defense and then cut her off. During her trial, her lawyer sued USCCA for the benefits that were due her. She was convicted of 2nd degree murder.

This isn't a good look for USCCA.

While this particular case seems pretty damning for the member and not so much for USCCA, I am generally not in favor of insurance coverage for legal defense costs that is voided by commission of a crime. Basically the insurance company saves money by seeing their member not well-represented and convicted of a crime which then voids their coverage.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    While this particular case seems pretty damning for the member and not so much for USCCA, I am generally not in favor of insurance coverage for legal defense costs that is voided by commission of a crime. Basically the insurance company saves money by seeing their member not well-represented and convicted of a crime which then voids their coverage.
    Then again, it's self-defense insurance. This looks like premeditated murder masquerading as self-defense. Once they figured that out, I can't blame them.

If the case was in a gray area, I hope they'd go all out to defend their customer.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    One of the reasons I went with a competitor of theirs. Having a cap on your legal defense really defeats the purpose of having this insurance. I currently have CCW Safe, from the research I did seemed like a good choice.
    I did the same thing. Haven't need it, thankfully.

Red face Re: USCCA hangs member out to dry?

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    One of the reasons I went with a competitor of theirs. Having a cap on your legal defense really defeats the purpose of having this insurance. I currently have CCW Safe, from the research I did seemed like a good choice.
    After reading your post I looked up ccw safe. I joined instantly. I’m gonna let my cca carry lapse.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

It looks like USCCA is not an insurance company, that they have "members", and USCCA purchased some insurance from an actual regulated-by-states insurance company, to cover any payouts. So I guess you have 2 layers of people trying to avoid paying for your trial.

*Insurance has been purchased by the USCCA and is one of the benefits of membership in the USCCA. USCCA members are additional insureds under a policy issued to the USCCA by Universal Fire and Casualty Insurance Company, an insurance company with its principal place of business in Hudsonville, MI. Coverage and benefits are subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the insurance policy. Information provided herein is for informational purposes and is not intended to be a representation of coverage that may exist in any particular situation. Contact Delta Defense*s Customer Engagement Team at 1-800-674-9779 with any questions.

See Full Membership Agreement & Coverage Form Details:
    All membership benefits are detailed more fully in, and are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions set forth in the USCCA Membership Agreement and the Self-Defense Liability Policy.

View USCCA Membership Agreement

View Self-Defense Liability Policy

Delta Defense, LLC provides sales, marketing, operations and administrative support services to the USCCA and is a licensed insurance agency in all 50 states and the District of Columbia with its principal office in West Bend, WI. Delta Defense, LLC does business as Delta Defense Insurance Services in California. California License #0M34093

I'm not thrilled about any "insurer" deciding ahead of time that your shooting was not self-defense, so they needn't pay to defend you, which is a pretty obvious conflict. That's kind of the point, the TRIAL determines self-defense or murder, and your best chance of a good outcome is a fully-funded trial attorney fighting for acquittal, not a claims adjuster seeing if there's a way to abandon you and save his employer money.

I didn't like the NRA plan, either, which waited for you to somehow get yourself acquitted using your own after-bail remaining funds, and then if you won, they'd reimburse you. That's like seeing someone drowning and handing them a rope if they can get out on their own. The state of NY went after the NRA for something like aiding and abetting crimes or some BS like that, because (a) NY is a Dem satrap that hates the NRA, and (b) funded defense lawyers get in the way of railroading the innocent. NY just assumed that all accused persons were guilty, so insurance that helped them out was illegal. Maybe they lost their copy of the Constitution up there.

I understand that very few people have savings to cover legal catastrophes like murder trials, and I wish there was a proven solution to this. I guess if you can afford something like insurance, it might help. Maybe.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It looks like USCCA is not an insurance company, that they have "members", and USCCA purchased some insurance from an actual regulated-by-states insurance company, to cover any payouts. So I guess you have 2 layers of people trying to avoid paying for your trial.

*Insurance has been purchased by the USCCA and is one of the benefits of membership in the USCCA. USCCA members are additional insureds under a policy issued to the USCCA by Universal Fire and Casualty Insurance Company, an insurance company with its principal place of business in Hudsonville, MI. Coverage and benefits are subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the insurance policy. Information provided herein is for informational purposes and is not intended to be a representation of coverage that may exist in any particular situation. Contact Delta Defense*s Customer Engagement Team at 1-800-674-9779 with any questions.

See Full Membership Agreement & Coverage Form Details:
    All membership benefits are detailed more fully in, and are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions set forth in the USCCA Membership Agreement and the Self-Defense Liability Policy.

View USCCA Membership Agreement

View Self-Defense Liability Policy

Delta Defense, LLC provides sales, marketing, operations and administrative support services to the USCCA and is a licensed insurance agency in all 50 states and the District of Columbia with its principal office in West Bend, WI. Delta Defense, LLC does business as Delta Defense Insurance Services in California. California License #0M34093

I'm not thrilled about any "insurer" deciding ahead of time that your shooting was not self-defense, so they needn't pay to defend you, which is a pretty obvious conflict. That's kind of the point, the TRIAL determines self-defense or murder, and your best chance of a good outcome is a fully-funded trial attorney fighting for acquittal, not a claims adjuster seeing if there's a way to abandon you and save his employer money.

I didn't like the NRA plan, either, which waited for you to somehow get yourself acquitted using your own after-bail remaining funds, and then if you won, they'd reimburse you. That's like seeing someone drowning and handing them a rope if they can get out on their own. The state of NY went after the NRA for something like aiding and abetting crimes or some BS like that, because (a) NY is a Dem satrap that hates the NRA, and (b) funded defense lawyers get in the way of railroading the innocent. NY just assumed that all accused persons were guilty, so insurance that helped them out was illegal. Maybe they lost their copy of the Constitution up there.

I understand that very few people have savings to cover legal catastrophes like murder trials, and I wish there was a proven solution to this. I guess if you can afford something like insurance, it might help. Maybe.
    Wow! Glad I switched. It takes a lawyer to get through the fine print.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Wow! Glad I switched. It takes a lawyer to get through the fine print.
    I have no opinion on any other providers, but every one I've looked at seems to be lacking something. Worst would be "we provide someone who passed the bar in your state, and if you don't like them, good luck on your own".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

is there any of these insurance companies that is better then the rest?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast