Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Shooting clubs/ranges

Anyone have contact info for Gun clubs in the East York area. Looking for a range to join that's close to home.
    Thanks
    RIP -The US constitution.

(York County)

Default Re: Shooting clubs/ranges

York Rifleman is just outside of Springettsbury Twp on Range Rd in Hellam Twp. They have a nice smallbore range, a 200yd rifle range, 50ft pistol range (muddy after a rain, though) and a post mounted clay target thrower for the shotgun range. I think the cost is $25/year. You should visit the club to get a membership application and get it signed by one of the members and a board member while you are there.

Postal Address:
    P.O. Box 3777
    York, PA 17402

Telephone: (717) 244-8612

(York County)

What kinds of shooting do you like to do?

There are different clubs, with different range facilities for different kinds of shooting interests.

Not every range is the same. What are your shooting interests?
    West Shore Sportsmen's Association WSSA Home page

(York County)

Looking for pistol and rifle ranges, indoor would be nice but not a show stopper.
    Thanks
    RIP -The US constitution.

Might want to check-out ACSHA.

http://www.acsha.com/index.html

Not a Game and fish.

(York County)

Adams County Sport Handgunners is a good club, but its going to be a good drive west for you. Maybe 45 minutes. No Indoor range, but great people and great, unobtrusive range rules. It has outdoor pistol pits and a rifle range.

The Isaac Walton League is a little south of you just outside of Jacobus. Good people there, and active in the community. Nice rifle facilities and outdoor pistol pits.

York Rifleman is a bit east of you. I really don't know much about them at all, so I can't comment other than to say they're there.

West Shore Sportsmen's is about 15 minutes north of you. We do have an Indoor range, lots of outdoor pistol pits, and a rifle range.
    West Shore Sportsmen's Association WSSA Home page

(York County)

The York Izaak Walton League has great shooting facilities though no indoor range. There are trap ranges, 200 yd rifle range, and a couple pistol bays. Also 3D archery. Lots of family activities there too.

(York County)

Where is a good place to "plink" cans? I always clean up both the cans and my brass and/or hulls. I also like to leave places cleaner than they were when I got there so I pick up any trash I find that was left by those before me.
    I do not shoot things that break and can't be easily cleaned up such as glass containers, etc.
    Years ago I had a friend who's parents had a large parcel of land that sloped down on both sides like a valley in which we could safely plink but the ownership has changed and I no longer have access to the spot.
    It seems as if most if not all the public ranges and private clubs only allow paper targets, with the exception of trap shoots.
    I practice safe shooting, making sure there is an earthen burm, slope or hill behind the target and I don't shoot at targets set on the ground for fear of ricochet, etc., but paper targets are just so boring to me.
    Any suggestions for this old school target shooter? The guns have been resting for a few years, only coming out for maintenance, but now we are ready to get out there & throw some lead again.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    Where is a good place to "plink" cans?
    I hear you and have no answer. Unless you have access to appropriate private property, I think you're out of luck.

I've had more fun shooting tin cans over the years than anything else. I was recently at my uncle's cabin in the mountains with my grandson. We left the bb gun on the porch and threw some old cans nearby for targets. Every time we went in or out we put some more holes in the can. The second day I commissioned Operation Cut The Pepsi Can In Half. Took a bunch of bbs but by the end of the day, the can was in two pieces and my grandson was getting every shot spot on. Great fun!

(York County)

Looking for a street address or website to put in my GPS to find the free range up near Dover, anyone help me out please?

Seeing as I am only here till January 13th, I don't need to pay to shoot somewhere, the public range will be fine.
    Last edited by ShelbyGoat; December 21st, 2008 at 04:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast